TOOLS STOLEN FROM VAN....

Hi all, my brother has just had his van broken into in Herne Hill. Around 3k of power tools plus accessories have been stolen. Most of the tools have been marked with Hunter, CR0 6NS. His van is alarmed but they somehow got in by disarming the alarm and popping the central locking. If anyone hears of anyone selling any cheap second hand power tools and see that name on them please call me on 07986296453. Any tradesmen reading this if you have dead locks make sure they?re always locked....

Happy new year...

Billy Hunter

Hunter Heating Solutions.

I had my tools stolen out of my van twice last year by imoblising my alarm & in the last one in Norwood by ripping out the handle on the rear door. Police did not attend & insurance company making a big issue out of paying up in both cases!! No surprises there!!!

I did learn that there is a big market in Battersea where stolen tools are sold.

Keep sharing on Facebook & I wish you well in getting them back. The only thing worse than stealing a working mans tools, is for an insurance company to take your money & not pay out when you claim! Both are theft!!!

Gardenman Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> The only thing worse than

> stealing a working mans tools, is for an insurance

> company to take your money & not pay out when you

> claim! Both are theft!!!

But it depends on the terms and conditions of your insurance policy, surely?

They must have told you why they weren't paying?

In the first instance Sue, they told me I hadn?t ticked the box for tool cover, when they were the ones who renewed my policy every year for the last 8 years!! The first time I make a claim, they won?t pay up!

In the second case they would not pay for old tools I had no receipts for, agreed to pay for ones I did have receipts for, but then got another company to ask irrelevant questions about my bank account, the alarm on my van & personal details & wouldn?t pay up, having agreed to. If you ask other builders, gardeners you hear very similar stories.