Plumber - can't recommend highly enough - Only Flues And Hoses

slimsurf1

https://onlyfluesandhoses.uk ---- 07734 956 340

I just wanted to leave post about Tony he has been our plumber for the past 5 or 6 years he has just started out on his own website above. We first met him when he installed some cast iron radiators from Casa on Bellenden road as their recommended installer. I wanted to stay in and paint behind the radiators as he installed them and I was struck by his level of professionalism, knowledge and attention to detail. The radiators literally look as good now as when installed. (I would also recommend Casa). At the time he was working in the commercial sector only doing the odd domestic job at the weekend and evenings - we pestered him and he became our plumber because he was too nice to say no whenever we needed him.

Since then he has helped with lots of things including a bathroom we were fitting out on the cheap. He worked around other trades with no issues and frankly giving us some really helpful advice.

When our downstairs neighbours suspected damp might be from our flat he helped us get to the bottom of it and managed to source a camera to look between the floorboards.

Things I would say - he is friendly, professional, a total gentleman ( important for us as we are often in and around with the kids when he has been working) he is always very good value for money and has saved us loads and looks for the right solution not the easiest or most expensive.

One last example we had a toilet ordered from Bells in East Dulwich Kitchens and bathrooms who let us down badly sending toilet with no seat and the seat was an odd fit. So we were stuck waiting for 3 months waiting for a seat that would fit (its a long story of terrible customer service from Bells) - however Tony GAVE use a free new toilet seat he had in the van to tide us over.

I am frankly writing this because I want his new venture to be a success I would happily recommend him to anyone.

• 2 weeks later...
Just adding to this thread and the recommendations for Tony. We asked to take a look at a little job on our heating and radiators. He came the same day, did the work, advised us how to look after the system and then just charged us a call-out. Will definitely use him again. Cheers

• 2 weeks later...
Adding another recommendation for Tony! He's been our plumber for 3 years and has helped us with a number of different jobs. He's always so helpful beforehand (helping me get the right radiator/shower etc..) and then does an amazing job while being all the things you'd want - friendly, genuine, honest, trustworthy. I will never use another plumber and cannot recommend him highly enough!

Another vote for Tony. He came the same day and helped us figure out an inconsistent hot water issue in the flat. He's a friendly, knowledgable guy with a good attitude who cares about helping his customers. We paid a ?60 callout fee which we were made aware of before attending and would be refunded once work was completed. Fair enough.

Just another recommendation for Tony , I used to be a builder and he?s been our plumber/heating engineer for about 20years .Before we met him ,I used many plumbers . I couldn?t believe how good he was for he?s age back then.

We now have quite a few properties we let out that has grown over the years . We had to take on a maintenance company that takes care of all aspects of planned and reactive maintenance. Accept the plumbing and heating side of it. We still use Tony due to:

He?s knowledge,honesty ,reliability and professional attitude. He has a key to our office so he can get keys to these properties if needed in an emergency. Which he has done many times, even not plumbing related. I?m certain he is going to do very well .

Tony is honestly my knight in shinning armour! He?s helped me with many plumbing emergencies at all kinds of crazy hours... as well as adhoc call outs he has fitted all the radiators in our house, fixed my boiler, sinks, taps, fitted my bathroom floor..... I can?t recommend him highly enough, I trust him and really do think he?s one of the nicest most genuine people I?ve met!!

We live in Herne Hill and have had Tony round for a number of jobs over the last few years. He has always done what was needed to a very high stancard and clearly cares about doing a good job. He?s nice to deal with, good with the kids if they?ve been in the house and he?s very reasonably priced. Jobs he?s done for us include installing new radiators, fixing a broken loo flush and sorting a leaking shower. On one occasion when he was unable to come to the house he was decent enough to talk us through re-pressurising the heating system over the phone. I am certain we will use Tony again in the future and can?t recommend him highly enough. If plumbing matters are making you moany - call Tony!

I wouldn't hesitate to use Tony again. He came to our house at short notice and fixed various problems including our too-hot hot water. He was kind enough to call back the next day and see how things were going. Since our boiler had been installed in a strange, unconventional way, he came back the next evening to get to the bottom of the mystery. He's great to work with, very knowledgable and reasonable to boot. He also has the best name in Peckham plumbing: Only Flues and Horses.

Highest recommendation for Tony. Very prompt service - I phoned at lunchtime and he came round the same day before 6pm. Within 45 mins, my E133 error had been fixed. Very courteous fellow and evidently knows exactly what he's doing. So great you can still get service of this calibre!

Another recommendation here for Tony. We had an issue with our boiler and he came over same-day to take a look. Not only was the issue fixed within about 10 minutes but he very kindly offered to bleed all our radiators and give the boiler a more general checkover before he left. Very kind and very efficient - we will definitely use again when we next have an unforeseen plumbing issue!

Based on the above, I contacted Tony for a non-urgent, but frustrating issue with our shower that we've put up with for over a year. Tony came out, on a Friday evening. He spent an hour identifying the problem & fixing it. He was prompt, considerate, friendly and really cared about doing a good job. Will definitely be using him again.

Another vote for Tony. Tony came out on a Monday night to fix a new tap. He came when he said he would, was really chatty and nice and quickly sorted out the new tap. He gave good advice and charged only the call out fee. I will definitely be contacting Tony again (www.onlyfluesandhoses.co.uk).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Another recommendation for Tony. He helped us fix a number of issues at short notice and worked well into the evening in order to resolve them all so that we could move in to our new house. We don't know what we'd have done without him. He was courteous, knowledgeable and efficient - and most of all trustworthy. A genuinely lovely guy who knows his stuff. A rare breed. We can't recommend him enough.

Cannot recommend Tony highly enough. We have a new baby and our boiler lost pressure on a Sunday. Tony talked me through fixing it over the phone, for free, rather than charging for an emergency call out or leaving us to the mercy of Pimlico Plumbers. He was a true gent and he'll be our first port of call if we get any more issues.

• 3 weeks later...
Another thumbs up for Tony. Had a broken toilet bowl - he advised on replacement, sourced and purchased it on my behalf, came after work hours to replace the broken one and fitted it in half an hour with a minimum of disruption. He even carried the old toilet down to the bins for me! (I live on the 3rd floor in a block of flats). He's very friendly, professional and I'd recommend him, no hesitation.

• 5 months later...