Spring or not spring gardening tips & a rant about this parking zone farce!!

Gardenman

Well, it certainly looked & felt like spring these last few days, bit early if you ask me, but as I mentioned in a

previous post, we are in an El Ni?o year, so be careful !

So, if you?ve got your glass of wine, Gin or energy drink ready, I?ll get on with this months ramblings about how to look after your gardens, lives, health & wellbeing!!! :-))

1. Lets get the boring stuff out of the way! There is a new & very unpleasant moth going round that is attacking our oak trees & is not to be touched, but reported to the council if their cuts have not stopped them from dealing with this nasty predator. Keep your children & your selves away from this as the hairs on these moths can bring on asthma & Nasty rashes. I?m not aware of any reports in our area, but they have been seen in parts of the south last year.

2. Still time to plant summer flowering bulbs that are still in the shops & if you want a bit of colour right now, you can get Irises, Crocus, Snowdrops & Daffodils in pots to put out in your borders & baskets. Talking of Snowdrops

if they have finished flowering, you can split them up & replant to give you more plants for next year