Recommendation for Boiler Engineer and Repairs

MirandaS

Hi

I had my 25+ year old boiler replaced today by Mark Newlove(Gas Engineer and Plumber)07971824567 at New Gas Boilers. Mark and co did a great job. They kept us informed along the way and provided very helpful information about how to get the best out of the new boiler.

The reason why I went with Mark on replacing the boiler, was he was available to provide advice and gave honest feedback about the different types of boilers.

I had used Mark before to fix my old boiler. He is honest, friendly and readily available for phone support.

Many thanks LM

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, just to add another recommendation for Mark Newlove. He came initially to service my very old boiler which he fixed (and did some other jobs over and above the fixing) but we agreed that a new one would be a good idea. He fitted the new boiler the following week, and did an excellent job. The after sales service has also been great (had a couple of queries).

JR

I had my boiler replaced by Mark Newlove last week, and was very impressed with the service. Not least because he came in at close to half the cost of the British Gas quotation, and managed to do all the work without expensive and inconvenient scaffolding.

He also returned to help in person when I got confused by the controls for the new system.

I'll be dropping the British Gas maintenance contract, and using him in future for that too.

[email protected]

• 1 month later...

Mark Newlove and his colleague from NewGas Boilers have just completed the replacement of my 11 year old central heating boiler which had been regularly breaking down. I am very pleased indeed with what they have done. Mark really seems to know his stuff, and managed to solve a range of problems which a certain well-known big gas supplier has been unable to do, despite countless visits in the past. For example, all my radiators now give out more heat than they have for years, except one which gave out far too much in a tiny room, and Mark solved that too. His quote turned out to be accurate, and was less then the big gas supplier?s, even though Mark specified (with my agreement) a higher performance boiler which has a longer life. Having got to know Mark, I have no doubt that he will provide excellent after-care and that he will give me prompt help if there are any problems with the new system. Highly recommended.

Mark Newlove: 07971824567

• 3 months later...
Mark Newlove of NewGas Boilers has just completed the replacement of our combi boiler to a very high standard. The installation was complex due to the configuration of the existing boiler but Mark has done a thoroughly excellent job. He was professional, tidy and clearly knows his stuff. He communicated promptly and made sure I was kept in the loop at all stages of the work. I have no hesitation in recommending Mark and will definitely use him in the future if the need arises.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, just to add another recommendation for Mark Newlove. He came to service my boiler and my Megaflo cylinder.

He's very knowledgeable and gave some good advice on some problems he found with the existing installation. I will use Mark again without no hesitation.

Mark Newlove: 07971824567

• 1 month later...

I'd also like to add a recommendation for Mark, who just replaced our boiler.

Mark was the third boiler engineer we'd contacted (the other two also being recommended on East Dulwich Forum) to try to diagnose a longstanding issue with our old boiler that was driving us mad - an on/off loud buzzing noise. Mark was easy to get in touch with, reliable and friendly. This was not an easy issue and he was very thorough in investigating it, explaining his observations about our boiler as he went along. When he did manage to diagnose the issue (thank goodness!!), he suggested possible solutions with different trade-offs, in terms of price and degree to which the issue would be alleviated, e.g. change a setting then still some buzzing but quieter and very low cost.

Unfortunately, it also became evident during the testing that another part was also on its way out and that we might have an issue with a pipe somewhere, as the pressure in the boiler wouldn't reliably hold. Mark went over and above the call of duty to try to sort this for us, and was highly sympathetic to our plight.. which you really, really need when all of a sudden you're worried about potentially having to pull up floorboards. He came over on a Saturday to try to remedy the situation asap, putting some goo that acts like glue for the pipes through the system. The pressure has since been holding. Phew!!

Assessing the overall situation, and with the benefit of understanding a range of price options from Mark, we decided that given the price of parts, it was better to bite the bullet and replace the boiler. It wasn't as crazy expensive as I feared it would be. I'd been quoted higher by others who hadn't managed to diagnose our original issue.

As we are in a flat a couple of storeys up, we needed scaffolding for the boiler replacement as the flue had to be replaced. Mark managed to arrange this for us with a very friendly, professional scaffolder (Gary) who charged us mate's rates (I know it's mate's rates because we also had scaffolding up to replace the windows a few years ago).

I've already recommended Mark to others in my block of flats and to friends, and will certainly call him if we need any help in the future.