Furniture needs to go through the bay window? Block and tackle?

I?m grumpy and I need to go through the bay window to get into my flat as the door and corridors are a little tight. needs to go through the bay window? Block and tackle?

Does anybody know anyone that could assist with taking the sash window out and moving this grand piano through picture attached. It needs to be done by Saturday.

Just the kind of crazy venture that I love to get involved in, My sense of self preservation is screaming at me not to do it...

Have you gotten advice from professional piano movers? Presumably either too short notice, or too high cost. I'm sure if you phone around, you will find somebody willing to offer some decent guidance, if nothing else.

As I'm sure you already appreciate, pianos, esp. grands, weigh an incredible amount. Anywhere btw 3-600kg upwards. Do you have any idea of the weight, or is that something you are able to look up, by make / model?

Block and tackle are good up to a ton, but then you will need something to attach and move it on. I'm thinking there are essentially three options on that:

1) Gantry. Not sure if a suitably sized gantry, i.e. with a sliding mechanism is readily available. Maybe you could find a metal fabricator willing to rig up a temporary gantry with a sliding track, on a section of girder, or something.

2) scaffold hoist. Probably too weak. Any kind of cantilevered solution and you are likely moving towards the third option

3) mobile crane. I.e. a flatbed truck, with a telescopic crane, or a telehandler, of some kind. Depending on the value of the piano, cost may not be as bad as you might expect.

In terms of the sash window, I would be happy to do this bit for you. It is a fairly simple task of separating off the various parting beads, which can then be reglued & painted over, if done carefully.

Can I suggest another option? Build a ramp up and down, using some OSB boards, then use ratchet straps / pulleys, manpower, to get her up and over the wall(s)

There is no picture attached, currently.

I love piano, so will deffo try to be there for you - whatever you decide to do! Call / txt me any time.

Paul 07782372990