High Vibes fitness studio... dynamic new manager

Some years ago I posted my great satisfaction with this excellent micro-gym on the bend of Melbourne Grove near ED train station. I had arthritis in my lower back and an osteo recommended I try it. I have been going ever since: the arthritis is ancient history; High Vibes is an essential part of my fitness and wellbeing - as it is for many others around ED.

A vibrating-plate platform signals to the body to work harder to maintain stability (though you yourself hardly notice this); muscles contract up to 50 times a second, blood flows to the exercising area, fat is targeted. You exercise as hard as in any gym but your effort is maximised. Relaxing massage is also part of a session.

Gianni established the business nine years ago. He was an excellent, caring trainer and has many friends among his clientele. Family commitments meant he handed over recently to Tariq, who turns out to be a blast of fresh energy while being equally skilled and caring. Tariq has extended hours of opening, introduced new moves into routines, and is planning all sorts of health and fitness related events at the studio.

I urge anyone looking for a local, time-manageable, friendly, un-'gymmy' gym routine to try the free taster session at High Vibes and find out if power plates is for you.

To be clear, my only connection to High Vibes is as a longtime satisfied customer.

Lee Scoresby