Best breakfast in YOUR opinion in East Dulwich (or Peckham) please

We're having an indulgent day for someone's birthday, and since going out to breakfast is not something we do often, let's start somewhere local before we head out for our day. All recommendations please! It's a week day by the way. Thanks everyone!

Brickhouse Bakery in ED, Levant in Peckham. I?m not sure if the latter take walk-ins (have always booked there in the past - they do a delightful miso white chocolate brioche!)

Edit: not in either place, but I would be remiss not to mention Nandine in Camberwell - an gem of a place and the Kurdish breakfast platter is one of my favourite things to eat in SE London.

I'm a great cook - regularly do a cooked breakfast for our 2x kids, in the village. Out of work, presently, so looking for creative ways to make money. If you let me know how many ppl, dietary requirements, plus an idea of how much you want to spend, I will put together a plan for you. Beyond a certain size, we could do Burgess park, which allows barbecues. I've also a garden, and a small event shelter, if you want to combine with some kind of activity (i.e. yoga, or running, use of multi gym in the park)

(Top tip: separate the yolks when scrambling eggs - the yolks need far less cooking, for both max yum, and nutrition!)

KidKruger Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Franklins do a decent fry-up.

Franklins don't do brunch any more, and they only did it on Saturdays anyway, KK.

They still do bar snacks which include a fantastic bacon sandwich and scrambled eggs on toast, but no longer a fry-up.

PeckhamRose, do tell us where you went in the end (when you've been!) Hope you had a lovely day!

I stumbled across brunch at the Watsons General Telegraph on Saturday. It was really good. Eggs benny etc and chargrilled bacon. Also lovely beer on tap. And kid friendly but not overrun. They do a bottomless brunch for ?25 which is breakfast plus unlimited refills of prosecco, bloody Mary etc 11am to 2pm. It's laid back and nice atmosphere - good mix of all ages.

PeckhamRose Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Hi all

> Thanks so much for all your suggestions.

> In the end we had a wonderful breakfast and the

> beautiful happy local French Cafe Bistro on Forest

> Hill Road, avec Prosecco. And in turn, we can

> highly recommend THAT place!

Good choice. French Cafe Bistro is lovely. The staff are Lovely. and it can be a nice little Sun Trap.

DulwichFox

• 7 months later...

In addition to great breakfasts, we went to the French Cafe in the evening last week and had the most delicious food. A short menu but a perfectly cooked Tarragon Chicken and equally good Boeuf Bourguignon. It felt like eating French home cooked food with no pretensions. It's off the beaten track compared with Lordship Lane restaurants but very well worth seeking out on Fridays and Saturdays only at the moment for evening meals, though I gather that Thursday may soon be added.

Highly recommended.