Recommendation for Berdec Decorators

lstickler

Dave and his team recently completed renovation of the exterior of our house in Brockley.

I can't recommend them highly enough. Dave was quick to quote, always available to answer questions and his team were thorough and clean.

Very happy with the result.

Dave Franklin (Berdec Decorators) - Tel: 07956 688622

• 4 weeks later...
I've used Dave and his team repeatedly over the last few years. He's now thoroughly painted the inside and outside of our house - great prices, great team of painters and honest and reliable. We had a few occasions where jobs turned or to be more involved or costly than planned or quoted. Dave talked it through with me, worked it out and found ways to stick to the quote. Wouldn't hesitate to recommend Dave Franklin and his painters +44 7956 688622

• 1 month later...

I also have used Dave and his team on four different occasions now.

The latest job was to freshen up some Bedroom Furniture in a different colour

They are now revitalised.Dave offers a good price for the jobs

And always a pleasure to do business with him.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

We are also very happy to recommend Dave Franklin/Berdec Decorators and his team (Tom and Paul).

We asked them to redecorate throughout our flat in Tulse Hill before putting it on the market. Two weeks later and it was looking pristine for the photographer.

We also had our little girl running around the place while the job was ongoing, and they were most considerate and accommodating of her.

Thanks guys!

Only just got around to this review!

Yes, I am also happy to recommend Berdec Decorators.

I had some painting and kitchen shelves to sort out - it took us a couple of goes to workout how to make the best of the Ikea shelves I had, that were a bit too big for the space available, (I get the impression that pretty much every craftsman hates Ikea stuff!), but we got there.

I plan on using them again shortly.

• 1 month later...
I would like to second these recommendations for Dave and the Berdec team. We used them to redecorate most of our house and new loft conversion last year and they were absolutely brilliant. First class job, very friendly team and they respond quickly to quote requests etc. Dave moved heaven and earth to complete our job in a tight time frame, and even during the Christmas period. The finished job was great. I?ve used them again for small jobs since and will do so again in the future. It?s also worth noting that Dave has an amazing black book of contacts for pretty much any other home-based job you could need. I can?t recommend them highly enough!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
Dave and his team were with us for 5 weeks decorating our house. They've done an amazing job and were very considerate whilst doing it making sure the house was as tidy as possible during the job. Cannot recommend them highly enough!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Would just like to add another recommendation for Berdec Decorators. Dave and his team have just decorated the outside of our semi, no easy task as it was in dire need of a make over with lots of cracks to fit. They?ve done an absolutely cracking job and we?re really nice to have around. Didn?t know they were here half the time and Paul our decorator was very committed to doing a thorough job, continuously refilling, sanding and painting without complaint. They?ve also had to work around our door installation and are even coming back in a few weeks, with no complaint, to touch up our frame after the door company finishes up. Also like to add they were the most cost effective after receiving a couple of ridiculous quotes. Wouldn?t hesitate in getting them back round for further quotes in the future. Thanks Dave and Paul.

Would just like to add another recommendation for Berdec Decorators. Dave and his team have just decorated the outside of our semi, no easy task as it was in dire need of a make over with lots of cracks to fit. They?ve done an absolutely cracking job and we?re really nice to have around. Didn?t know they were here half the time and Paul our decorator was very committed to doing a thorough job, continuously refilling, sanding and painting without complaint. They?ve also had to work around our door installation and are even coming back in a few weeks, with no complaint, to touch up our frame after the door company finishes up. Also like to add they were the most cost effective after receiving a couple of ridiculous quotes. Wouldn?t hesitate in getting them back round for further quotes in the future. Thanks Dave and Paul.

• 5 months later...

Many thanks to those who recommended Berdec decorators on this forum. We recently employed them to decorate the exterior of our house and they did a fantastic job.

Dave was great at co-ordinating the work, advising on the best approach to our home renovations generally (in a way that was objective and helpful rather than seeking extra work) and bringing in others to complete other work when needed. He was great at communicating and had a sensible and fair approach to payments.

Like others have commented above, Paul our decorator and his colleagues were very committed to doing a thorough job. They are really excellent decorators - the quality of their work was very high. When other work came up that needed doing (e.g. replacing soffits and repairing a broken wall) - Dave was able to bring in another member of his team, Joe, to quickly and cost-effectively carry out the work. We are really pleased with our experience of working with them and would wouldn't hesitate to work with them again.

• 1 month later...
I have just had a positively awful experience with Berdec: ignored my stated deadlines, the work was totally uncoordinated work as they appeared to me to be rushing to cover as many jobs as possible, sloppy workmanship in several; places, lack of any quality control (there was no checking of the work even when asked)- if you need proof, come to my bathroom where the finish of the plastering (let alone the hacked shower door), was astonishingly awful. And I am still lacking any paperwork for my accountant save a series of sms messages. I cannot recommend.

On the same issue re Berdec. I paid them several thousand pounds and I cannot even get a decent receipt to show for it. All I received is an SMS with the total sum. If the quality of the work was worth it, I might think again. If there had been any attention to my deadlines, had painters decorators and plumbers disappearing for days without any agreement or certain knowledge about when they were turning up, maybe I might have cared less about calling them out - and had I not been forced to clean up after them to avoid them grinding further plaster and paint into the wooden floors the next day, I might have felt less like writing here. My experience was terrible. Be very wary of glowing reports.

-------------------------------------------------------

> Dave and his team recently completed renovation of

> the exterior of our house in Brockley.

>

> I can't recommend them highly enough. Dave was

> quick to quote, always available to answer

> questions and his team were thorough and clean.

>

> Very happy with the result.

>

> Dave Franklin (Berdec Decorators) - Tel: 07956

> 688622

• 2 weeks later...

I've just had a great experience using Dave and his team. They've painted my house and fixed cracks in the outside render. Dave's team also really helped me out while I was having my kitchen refitted and fixed loads of unforseen jobs including; flooring, skirtings, boxing pipes, extractor fan hole. I would highly recommend.

Dave Franklin(Berdec Decorators) - Tel: 07956 688622

hi .there is of course two sides to a tale .

so from the start,you contacted me while I was away on holiday to say you was desperate for painters to decorate the rental property you own as it was empty. I regard myself as someone who will help someone if possible. I had to send one of my decorators to look at the work .he was told as its a rental I don't want any filling ect ,just paint everything white .

I changed jobs around to fit this lady in at less than a weeks notice.

in a three week period she had a 3 bedroom house painted top to bottom. New shower tiling due to old tiles leaking. plus a lot of remedial work in the garden due to damp getting in .

it was close but we got it done before the Tennants moved in.

it was chaotic, yes and messy but it was an empty house. pointless tidying up each night ,we had to get the job done.

she asked for as basic decorating as possible to save money and time .in the past I have advised against this in the past for precisely this reason.

it's going to look white and clean but with no filling ect it's never going to look great.

I was told by the lady of the house how she moved out because of constant arguments with the neighbours she also cancelled Tennants with less than a weeks notice as she wasn't happy with estate agent. (no thought for the Tennants).

if you look at most of your comments on the EDF they are mostly negative towards people or companies.

I guess your just one of the customers that it dose not matter what you do.....

dave

ps your asked me to total up the payments as you put it " I don't want to trawl though all the messages," so your comments about communication are bit wrong also by your own statement.

I will email a receipt for your accounts

I've just had a great experience with BerDec Decorators who did a great job on my masonry. Dave was able to help us out on quite a tricky job. Our house is above a shop and so needs a special permit from the council as it's so high we need scaffolding and we always find doing any work to our house a bit of a nightmare.

The council changed their minds last minute about how long we could have the scaffolding up and Dave and his team were able to accommodate the last minute rush to get it done before the scaffolding came down and a number of other tricky issues.

Dave and his team fixed, rendered and painted the external stonework and window frames of our house and they've done a great job.

One of the things I particularly liked about Dave was how responsive he was. It's really annoying having to chase tradespeople and he was always quick to come back to me. He kept me well informed on the job and worked with the scaffolder and roofer who I also highly recommend, to get the job done (Mark [email protected] 07976601627 Roofer - Russell Perrin [email protected] 07852972052).

He's also really reasonably priced and I got an emailed quote and invoice/receipt very promptly. I would ask Dave back for any other jobs we have.

Thanks Dave for your hard work.