Another recommendation for Back to Wood floor sanding

AnnabelG

Steve and the team at Back to Wood did a great job sanding and repairing the floorboards in our kitchen and hallway. They held keys while we were on holiday and what a treat coming back to what feels like a new ground floor of the house. It is now light and airy as the boards are at their natural best, previously they were dark and heavily varnished. The care taken on repairing split boards and levelling those that had risen is much appreciated. Cannot recommend them enough. Steve is on 07949 411650.

• 1 month later...
I would endorse the positive reviews for Steve Loftus and Back to Wood. The whole process was very straightforward from start to finish: a thorough look at the floors, then a fair estimate, managing to work on the dates we needed, doing a great job and leaving the house much cleaner than we had feared. Highly recommended.

• 1 month later...
I'm seriously considering having our floors sanded but my husband thinks it will be cheaper to lay carpet. I'm hoping to convince him otherwise, it would be very helpful if you could share the cost of having yours done? Do PM me if you don't want to share in the open forum! TIA

• 4 weeks later...

Just wanted to write another glowing review for Steve and Nicola of Back to Wood. They have restored our bedroom and hallway floorboards beautifully and are currently doing our living room. Each time they've been prompt, exceptionally clean and tidy and just lovely to have around. The costs were far better than laying a new floor and we've managed to retain the lovely patina and character of the original Victorian boards.

Highly recommended; we will be getting them back when we need another room doing.

• 1 month later...
Another ***** recommendation for Steve & Nicola who sanded down the wooden floor in our kitchen and reception room this summer, for a very fair price. They did an incredible job and the floor looks basically new. We've had so many positive comments from friends who have come over. I also appreciated how much of a perfectionist Steve was - we had lots of other contractors in at around the same time and he gave lots of instructions to make sure they didn't undo any of his good work. Would hire them again in a heartbeat.

And another positive endorsement of Steve and Nicola at Back to Wood. They've just finished doing out hallway and kitchen/diner in SE21. Boards were definitely in need of some TLC, being over ten years since they were last done, but they now look absolutely lovely. Exceeded my expectations, so really pleased. Steve and Nicola are super easy to deal with, and just got on and did a great job. Also, almost zero dust when we returned to the house, which is pretty amazing. No hesitation in recommending and would use again for sure.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
I?d also like to recommend Back To Wood. They did such a beautiful job on our stairs and hallway and totally exceeded my expectations. Steve and Nicola are extremely professional and responsive, I felt they really made an effort to make sure I was happy with the colour and finish. And I am!

• 7 months later...