Saucy open from today ...for good!

Well after more kitchen nightmares than Gordon Ramsay we are delighted to say we're finally open! We will be serving our main menu and over the next few weeks adding more lovely dishes including great steaks, ribs, bowls, and launching brunch from 10am on a Saturday/Sunday with everything from waffles to baps and of course a banging full English.

We are also launching the Saucy Soft Serve ice cream bar in the restaurant from today for all the family. It's simple...choose your delicious ice cream flavour, size (large or regular), waffle cone or tub and a choice of over 20 toppings and sauces!

We have assembled a great team headed up by Ellis Dickerson who you'll all probably know from his decades at the Palmerston. So do say hi to him😊

To celebrate the launch we have a great deal on a bottle of French Cremant sparkling wine for just ?20. So come along sit inside or outside and enjoy our Saucy experience.

We can't wait to meet you all

Thanks for your amazing support and patience

With Love

The Heaton Family

xx

I did walk past today as I do everyday.

I did think to myself that it did indeed appear to be open and was tempted to pop in and say hello.

But Alas as most people that know me I'm a Shy fellow. a bit of a Shrinking Violet.

I will pop in at sometime soon incognito. :)

Good Luck

DulwichFox

Walked past and looked at the menu this morning, looks decent enough.

If i had to make a suggestion, i would include some fries with your burgers. Doesnt cost much extra to you, but would make me go there far more often if that was in place. It sticks in the throat a bit paying a tenner for a burger then having to pay another 3 odd quid just for some chips, when clearly, if we are being honest, they should come together.

To the best of my knowledge, neither of the other burger establishments on Lordship Lane give the chips for free.

I suppose they could charge you ?13 for the burger and give the chips for free, would that make it better? :)

Humdinger Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Walked past and looked at the menu this morning,

> looks decent enough.

>

> If i had to make a suggestion, i would include

> some fries with your burgers. Doesnt cost much

> extra to you, but would make me go there far more

> often if that was in place. It sticks in the

> throat a bit paying a tenner for a burger then

> having to pay another 3 odd quid just for some

> chips, when clearly, if we are being honest, they

> should come together.

It would give them a unique selling point if they did include chips with the burger if the other local ones don't.

evilmanic Wrote:

> To the best of my knowledge, neither of the other

> burger establishments on Lordship Lane give the

> chips for free.

>

> I suppose they could charge you ?13 for the burger

> and give the chips for free, would that make it

> better? :)

>

> Humdinger Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > Walked past and looked at the menu this

> morning,

> > looks decent enough.

> >

> > If i had to make a suggestion, i would include

> > some fries with your burgers. Doesnt cost much

> > extra to you, but would make me go there far

> more

> > often if that was in place. It sticks in the

> > throat a bit paying a tenner for a burger then

> > having to pay another 3 odd quid just for some

> > chips, when clearly, if we are being honest,

> they

> > should come together.

Thats Expensive!!!!!

evilmanic Wrote:

> To the best of my knowledge, neither of the other

> burger establishments on Lordship Lane give the

> chips for free.

>

> I suppose they could charge you ?13 for the burger

> and give the chips for free, would that make it

> better? :)

>

> Humdinger Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > Walked past and looked at the menu this

> morning,

> > looks decent enough.

> >

> > If i had to make a suggestion, i would include

> > some fries with your burgers. Doesnt cost much

> > extra to you, but would make me go there far

> more

> > often if that was in place. It sticks in the

> > throat a bit paying a tenner for a burger then

> > having to pay another 3 odd quid just for some

> > chips, when clearly, if we are being honest,

> they

> > should come together.

It's a Misconception to suggest that chips coming with a Burger are FREE.

They are not free. You are paying for them.

Not all people want chips with their burger. They are two separate items.

If restaurants serve their Burgers WITH chips then there should be an option to have the Burger

WITHOUT the Chips at a reduced price.

Rocket Science..

DulwichFox

Some would now choose to have a burger 'patty' without either chips or a bun, but with salad or other vedge. The ability to order what you want (and pay for what you get) doesn't seem too unreasonable in this day and age. Offering only a burger with chips (which you may not want) seems the unreasonable position. Of course, you could offer (and price) a burger both with and without chips on the menu.

The place seems to be Very busy since opening.

One has to realise that not everyone who Eats and Drinks in East Dulwich uses the East Dulwich Forum.

Not Everyone that Uses the forum post about their experiances in the local Bars and Restaurants.

If anyone wants to find out about the place ? then pay them a visit. Your own opinion may well

be very different from somebody elses.

DulwichFox

well, perhaps we should consider Honest Burger as the benchmark. Burgers cost between ?9-11.50, and all come with chips included.

I generally wont eat anywhere that doesnt include chips with its burgers, whether on Lordship Lane or not, and seek out places that do, because they are far more common than some people here think.

Humdinger Wrote:

> well, perhaps we should consider Honest Burger as

> the benchmark. Burgers cost between ?9-11.50, and

> all come with chips included.

?13 is not that drastically different from ?11.50. Overall I like Honest, but I've had a couple of fairly tough burgers there (as well as some good ones). And it's a fairly basic no-frills environment.

If the quality is a bit better and more consistent, then perhaps ?13 is a fair price? I certainly don't think it's completely out of keeping. And Penguin's right, not everybody wants chips anyway (although IMO such people are clearly mad).