UPDATE: Clean needed ANY DAY THIS WEEK!

I need a fabulous cleaner for Tues 16th July in the ED/ Peckham area.

3 bedroom flat. Currently has very little furniture and very few belongings so should make the clean easier. The floors are tiled. Would be also good to clean the fridge/ freezer (empty) and potentially the oven. Kitchen and bathroom cupboards (all empty) need a clean too.

Basically a good scrub in preparation for moving in.

I estimate 4/5 hours.

If the cleaner could bring products and cleaning equipment then all the better but otherwise I can provide basics.

Any recommendations or takers? A quote would be useful.

Thanks I?ll look into emop. I?ve been hoping to get a few quotes. I had the impression from EDF that there are zillions of cleaners looking for work but I?ve not had much interest and people haven?t responded to my replies to their messages

Smiley_blue_1234 Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> https://www.emop.co.uk/

>

> I use emop on an ad hoc basis and have always been

> happy with the service

> You can book directly online and they will give

> you a quote but you will be charged by the minute

> so if the cleaner finishes early or late, you just

> pay accordingly

McLaughlin property services

We are a hardworking, approachable & reliable trades men with years of experience offering excellent quality of service at reasonable prices.

Services we offer:

Garden maintenance

Patio cleaning

Painting and decorating

Carpentry and joinery

Property cleaning

Please feel free to contact us for a free quote.

Joe - 07833054040

Thank-you to everyone that private messaged me about this job.

Unfortunately I got my fingers burned and money lost with a rather unpleasant interaction with a cleaner who responded. Thank-you also to those who sent helpful messages in response to this.

So I don't want to let it put me off all EDF cleaners.

I will still be looking for someone to do a one off clean- next week I'd say.

I will respond to peoples private messages and posts.

:-)

• 2 weeks later...

As an update, I'm pleased to say the clean got done! I decided to go with emop (thanks for the recommendation Smiley)as, following the upsetting incident/ issue with the other cleaner I originally contacted (a different thread), I decided to go with an actual company rather than an individual.

I wouldn't want to be suspicious of individuals offering their services on EDF, and will continue to use the forum for this purpose in the future.

I have learnt some lessons based on what happened and subsequent issues in my other thread. Always do a good search on EDF for comments etc before booking someone for a job (that's partly why a forum is helpful!). And of course always be cautious about paying money up front. Plus perhaps the biggest thing, be very cautious about giving personal details to someone from the forum. These are probably pretty obvious guidelines to follow but I got burnt and learnt.

Emop were great and very reasonable :-)