Mexican food in East Dulwich

axster

Hola amigos,

We've recently made a name for ourselves in Lewisham as purveyors of authentic Mexican street food https://www.facebook.com/lanosheria/

Having lived in East Dulwich for 20 odd years I'd really like to start something closer to home, possibly as a branch, maybe relocate - we don't know yet.

I'm looking for suggestions:

Would you like to see good Mexican food locally? There are a few in Peckham, some of which deliver locally, what's your take?

Do you have any suggestions for local popups or (preferably) residences in a pub or similar? Evening takeover of a daytime cafe could be a consideration (BYOB).

Any other suggestions would be most welcome, I attach a few pics from our recent photoshoot.

Gracias todos!

A

Perhaps a stall at the weekend (Saturday) market on North Cross Road could be an initial step to get yourself known in the area, meet locals/customers and while you?re at it gauge interest and open a channel that may lead to (additional) info about a subsequent pop-up opportunity ?

A North Cross Road stall is a nice idea. But is the "route 66" burrito van still there? I'm not sure. Also, I understand it's quite hard to get a pitch.

Speaking of North Cross road, 57 North Cross Road is a dedicated pop-up dining venue... if you wanted to try it as a ticketed supper-club type thing?

I can't think of any pubs in ED looking for food providers, they all seem to have established kitchens. There's a Brew By Number taproom on Bellenden Rd... I don't think they have food (yet).

Existing options in Peckham - I like Taco Queen but it's always so busy... frankly I can't be arsed to queue for a table. Cravings is fine for a quick, cheap takeaway... I use it quite a lot, to be honest.

I can't help but think that takeaway/delivery is more lucrative these days. Then you don't need to be on the high street (rents along Lordship Lane, for example, are really high).

The site of the old Moulin restaurant between landells Road and Barry Road has been empty for some years. The owners assured us that they were going to reopen it as a restaurant after it has been refurbished. The refurbishments looks complete but no sign of any catering outlet. They may be prepared to rent out the place. We have a Chinese and Indian takeaway plus a kebab place - would welcome a Mexican. Plenty of footfall in this area as Dulwich Library/Park/Sainsbury's etc.

• 2 weeks later...
ED is missing variety and Mexican (not TEXMEX) would be a welcome addition. We regularly go to Taco Queen as it is a favourite, so would definitely make to ED for really good Mexican!!!.....so please set up causal eatery, Mexican style, with a good tequila list...