We are trialing a dedicated East Dulwich COVID-19 Area on the forum here - please keep it useful.

Forum Sponsors

http://www.gardenia-gardens.com

http://avakitchens.co.uk

All Round Renovation

Advertise here

The East Dulwich Forum
Would you recommend your builder, plumber, electrician or carpenter?
messageMexican food in East Dulwichattachment
Posted by axster 15 July, 2019 05:33

Hola amigos,
We've recently made a name for ourselves in Lewisham as purveyors of authentic Mexican street food [www.facebook.com]
Having lived in East Dulwich for 20 odd years I'd really like to start something closer to home, possibly as a branch, maybe relocate - we don't know yet.
I'm looking for suggestions:
Would you like to see good Mexican food locally? There are a few in Peckham, some of which deliver locally, what's your take?
Do you have any suggestions for local popups or (preferably) residences in a pub or similar? Evening takeover of a daytime cafe could be a consideration (BYOB).
Any other suggestions would be most welcome, I attach a few pics from our recent photoshoot.
Gracias todos!
A

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit was 2019:07:15:05:57:43 by axster.

Attachments: DSC_3139 copy.jpg (175.4KB)   LaNosheria_Hero copy.jpg (333.8KB)  
messageRe: Mexican food in East Dulwichattachment
Posted by axster 15 July, 2019 06:00

... and a few more ;)

Attachments: DSC_3162 copy.jpg (180.8KB)   LaNosheria_Tacos copy.jpg (298.4KB)  
messageRe: Mexican food in East Dulwichattachment
Posted by axster 15 July, 2019 06:00

... and a couple more ;)

Attachments: DSC_3162 copy.jpg (180.8KB)   LaNosheria_Tacos copy.jpg (298.4KB)  
messageRe: Mexican food in East Dulwich
Posted by KidKruger 15 July, 2019 07:12

Perhaps a stall at the weekend (Saturday) market on North Cross Road could be an initial step to get yourself known in the area, meet locals/customers and while you’re at it gauge interest and open a channel that may lead to (additional) info about a subsequent pop-up opportunity ?

Posted by fishbiscuits 15 July, 2019 11:21

A North Cross Road stall is a nice idea. But is the "route 66" burrito van still there? I'm not sure. Also, I understand it's quite hard to get a pitch.

Speaking of North Cross road, 57 North Cross Road is a dedicated pop-up dining venue... if you wanted to try it as a ticketed supper-club type thing?

I can't think of any pubs in ED looking for food providers, they all seem to have established kitchens. There's a Brew By Number taproom on Bellenden Rd... I don't think they have food (yet).

Existing options in Peckham - I like Taco Queen but it's always so busy... frankly I can't be arsed to queue for a table. Cravings is fine for a quick, cheap takeaway... I use it quite a lot, to be honest.

I can't help but think that takeaway/delivery is more lucrative these days. Then you don't need to be on the high street (rents along Lordship Lane, for example, are really high).

Posted by Pugwash 15 July, 2019 16:12

The site of the old Moulin restaurant between landells Road and Barry Road has been empty for some years. The owners assured us that they were going to reopen it as a restaurant after it has been refurbished. The refurbishments looks complete but no sign of any catering outlet. They may be prepared to rent out the place. We have a Chinese and Indian takeaway plus a kebab place - would welcome a Mexican. Plenty of footfall in this area as Dulwich Library/Park/Sainsbury's etc.

Posted by philosophie 15 July, 2019 18:59

I would love a Mexican in East Dulwich - your food looks seriously yum!

Posted by zork 15 July, 2019 20:40

Have long said that ED could use an authentic Mexican - please open!! A welcome change from Burgers, Curry houses, Pizzas & standard pub & café fare...

Posted by The Elusive Shadow 28 July, 2019 18:45

Yes please....My wife has been banging on about the need for a good Mexican in ED since we moved here

Posted by 277Hz 28 July, 2019 20:41

Yes please!

Posted by Hendrix 30 July, 2019 22:58

Your food looks amazing! Would love to see a good Mexican in ED.

Posted by tallulah71 31 July, 2019 08:30

Wow, that looks amazing....definitely need some decent Mexican food. Especially as I have failed to master the art of the burrito myself :/

Posted by binkylilyput 31 July, 2019 10:01

Count me in

Posted by Froglander 31 July, 2019 17:15

Are you serving your food anywhere now/currently?

Posted by a_m 01 August, 2019 09:00

I would also absolutely love an authentic Mexican in ED - ready to support you whenever this happens!

Posted by Sazzle30 01 August, 2019 15:07

If you want Mexican/Latin food there is

[cravingslacarreta.com] next to Peckham rye station.Lady is from Venezuela

And if you can get in as it’s so busy there’s taco queen down rye lane

Posted by MirandaS 02 August, 2019 18:28

ED is missing variety and Mexican (not TEXMEX) would be a welcome addition. We regularly go to Taco Queen as it is a favourite, so would definitely make to ED for really good Mexican!!!.....so please set up causal eatery, Mexican style, with a good tequila list...

Back to top of page
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Donate                   Terms of use                  Help & FAQs                   Advertise               RSS rss feed               Copyright 2006 - 2018 East Dulwich Forum