The Plough Pub

I have to say how deeply disappointed I am in the what the Plough Pub has become. It used to be really welcoming and a nice place to take the family. But now it seems dingy, dirty and only wanting to cater for parties and block bookings.

I stood at the bar for 10 minutes only to be told they where too busy to serve me. Twice

Shame, it really us to be a nice place - but now you couldn't pay me to go back there.

I worked at The Plough in 1980. Barman. 7.00pm till 12.00pm 5 hours got paid ?4.00

Foxy

ETA That's ?4.00 for the session, not per hour.

Pub shut at 11.00pm but had to clean the pub, hoover the carpets hand wash all the glasses

with a 'Hedgehog' Glass washer and hand dry/polish all the glasses

No minimum wage in 1980 (1999 and ?3.60 an hour) - but 80p an hour wasn't that good, even then. Mind you, in 1972 (in a full time 'management' job) I was paid at the equivalent rate of 65p an hour! (?1,250 p/a) So, with inflation, 80p wasn't slave wages.

I had supper there with a friend early last Wednesday evening and it was fine, they were happy to produce a perfectly decent pub supper at 6 pm. I much prefer the food at The Plough to that at the Crown and Greyhound, and have never had bad service.

Maybe they really were very busy and/or short staffed? Best to complain to the management and see what they say?