Recommendations for Traditional Sunday Lunch

Cazz

Hello can anyone help? I have some visitors from overseas coming this weekend and they really want a traditional well cooked sunday lunch.

Can anyone help they are not to keen on pubs! I was looking at The Crooked Well in Camberwell and The Orchard in Brockley.

Please advise

Thank you

St Christophers Hospice is open to all - good value ?5.00 & you can have starter which is soup and pudding. Obviously for additional cost. Non meat eaters also catered for.

Lovely garden as well now.

Haven't done it myself yet but told Golf Course also does Sunday Roast open to all but need to book. Lovely setting & views over London with tablecloths!

Parking on site at golf club and free around hospice.

• 5 months later...

Had lunch at The Lordship yesterday.

Considering that their prices seem to be on a par with Franklins, it was quite disappointing.

We both had the veggie pie.

The pie itself was delicious (as was the sticky toffee pudding).

The vegetables were awful.

The roast potatoes tasted weird and as if they had been reheated more than once. They were slightly redeemed by thyme, which disguised the taste a bit.

The carrots had a strange texture and were oddly cut, and looked as if they had come from some sort of cheap catering pack.

The green beans were ok, though presumably either frozen or imported, but most of the veg on the plate were frozen peas.

If I am paying this sort of price, I expect freshly cooked seasonal vegetables. It's not as if the shops aren't full of fresh carrots, kale, cabbage etc at the moment.

We had given The Lordship a second chance after a truly awful meal there when it had just opened, but sadly I don't think we will be eating there again.

And yes, we did feed back our views to staff at the time.