The Good Samaritan Who Served Me The Best Ever Street Food.

Thunderblue600

Salas Wraps - North African Cuisine

4TL, 5 Parkstone Rd, Peckham, SE15 4UQ

The Good Samaritan Who Served Me The Best Ever Street Food.

For years since 2011 when I moved to nearby Nunhead, I had passed Salas Wraps many times with much not thought to try the menu.

More recently I had noted a wonderful feature about Salas Food Truck in the most informative publication The Peckham Peculiar, and was now determined to give Salas a try.

On 4th September between 10.32 and 10.38hrs I somehow managed to lose all bank and travel cards, with just ?4 left in cash I managed to buy Milk and fruit essentials, desperate for a small cigar I had mislaid my matches, in vain I walked from Morrisons & up Rye Lane searching for anyone that could lend me a light, finally I stopped by at the food truck and asked Salas if he could spare a light, and sure enough I was able to calm my slightly frayed nerves. I then mentioned to Salas about the loss of my cards, that I had spent all my change but was determined to try out the menu quite soon.

Then without any prompting Salas turned to me and said ?Would you like to try a Chicken Wrap with all the extras?? completely blown away and gratefully accepted I just could not get over such a lovely selfless gesture.

I enjoyed watching the preparation and assumed the mass of chicken pieces being cooked were for several orders, but no it was for me, presented with the signature Shawarma, tender pieces of succulent chicken dressed in mouth watering spices and some salad, this was a massive wrap and for ?5 ( when charged ) I have never had a more tasty delicious wrap in all my sixty years, by comparison to other wraps this was at least two thirds more in volume, often at festivals and food markets I have been charged anything up to ?9.

When leaving I thanked Salas with an this assurance: ?On my next visit rest assured I will repay you for the wrap? then without hesitation Salas replied ?No this is on me.?

Well Salas you so made my day, thank-you for being such a lovely Samaritan, you are a real gentleman with a very generous heart.

In excited anticipation I can?t wait to try the rest of the menu, EVERY dish excites my imagination.

So if you know this food truck and have always done the ?walk on by? next time stop and order something from the menu, you will be blown away and never look back.

Salas Wraps you deserve far more recognition.