Recommendation for an Interior Designer / Home Stylist / Lynlea West is The best

DavidPeckham

I moved into a long term rented house with my two daughters, and it was 'fine', but I could tell the 'dads-gone-to-Ikea' aesthetic wasn't helping my girls settle into a new and unusual space, so I looked for help, I searched for someone who'd 'get it', and I found Lynlea West, and I'm so glad and grateful that I did.

A few weeks later, a couple of clean and clear presentations, some well managed budget setting, some tight timing plans and now... It's a space transformed, it's a house to a home, a pad to a painting, a casa to a casanova, and most importantly, its kids who come through the door and run into a world they now love.

On time, on budget, on point, and always on my side, whether it's getting a better deal on a better bed, or finding someone to fix/fit/flatpack when I couldn't. The difference isn't just the design, it's the detail and the depth of consideration.

When we move to a place we can buy, there's no doubt, I'll be back hanging out, having a laugh and having an education in how to make space special, with: https://www.lynleaweststudio.com/

Aaaah such a sweet review. Thanks so much. It was an absolute pleasure, and a whole lot of fun, working with you too. I loved creating a home worthy of you and your lovely girls. I can't tell you how happy it makes me that your girls love the result!

All the very best to you. Enjoy your home, and have a very special Christmas snuggling down in it.

Lynlea

• 4 months later...

For context, a few months ago, my partner and I purchased a terraced house and proceeded to rip everything out of it in order to renovate. What a journey it?s been, and telling you about that would be more of a dissertation than a recommendation?

This house is the first time it ever crossed my mind to ask an interior designer for help. On the one hand, money? I assumed that an interior designer would be an all-in thing where you?d have to pay a percentage of the project costs. Which in any case would be impossible as we?re project managing ourselves and have independent tradespeople working on different aspects. On the other hand, we couldn?t face the magnitude of decisions we had to make - particularly with respect to paint colours, lights and tiles - while also project managing and with busy jobs on top. I also considered an online-only service, but I wanted to be able to explain things in person and have more interaction generally. I gave My Bespoke Room a spin, and didn?t really find it useful at all.

Enter? Lynlea West. An amazing interior designer who is willing to work on an hourly rate and focus on the specific aspects you?d like assistance with. Lynlea is wonderful at striking the balance between staying within spec while politely saving you from yourself when something you haven?t asked for help with is about to turn into a disaster. There were a number of occasions where we happened to be meeting at the house (which is basically a building site) and she asked just the right questions of tradespeople. Things it never would have occurred to me to ask.

Also, the time-saving of it is just outstanding. I probably could have spent half a lifetime ordering tile samples and becoming progressively frustrated by it. Lynlea found floor tiles we liked within a short space of time, fitting to other furniture we?d already decided on.

As well as taking on all the decisions that would have taken us ages and caused us a lot of stress, through Lynlea we?ve benefitted from a number of trade discounts. In effect, she subsidises the cost for her services by obtaining these helpful discounts for her clients. I had no idea this was a thing before we engaged Lynlea.

Speaking of suppliers, I?ve been amazed what a difference it can make to have someone helping you who knows which suppliers to consider, for example for lighting and even things as seemingly simple as door knobs. Yes, door knobs. I would never have come across these suppliers through Google search (I spent plenty of my own time looking and didn?t come across them).

I also appreciate Lynlea?s willingness to understand our preferences and get a real sense of what we like, even when it isn?t at all trendy!

And then there are the ?oh *hit? moments, where a tradesperson is asking you how you want thing x done, like now, because they are in your house and you?re in the middle of your morning jog before work wondering what the hell was decided for that? Did you even decide? What?s the right answer? You need to know like right now??! Yes, they do. And thank goodness Lynlea is willing to help when it?s urgent.

I am so grateful we found Lynlea, via recommendations on this forum. I would have a lot less hair right now if we hadn?t emailed her. Thank you, Lynlea!

Wow. Thanks you so much for taking the time to write this Lisa - especially as I know you are still so busy with work, and a the end of your build! So sweet of you.

It really has been such a pleasure working with you and helping you through your various building challenges. It's so lovely to hear from a Client how much it helps you that I work on an hourly rate.

Glad to hear too that you've managed to retain your hair through the experience 😉

Now I just can't wait until we get through all this other drama, and I can bring around a bottle of something so we can have a little celebratory drink in your fab new home!

Take care, and thank you again.