Prestige Build & Management recommendation

MonkeyMoped

We used Prestige Build and Management for a loft and kitchen side-return extension. We chose them because they had a good local reputation; the quality of the work on their other projects; and because we liked the way that the quote was broken down to the last plug socket, which meant we could budget and limit spurious price increases.

In the end, we did end up spending more that we originally agreed, but this was mostly due to us opting to upgrade windows etc; some was down to unexpected extra work on structural things once the build revealed the state of existing foundations and walls. Anything different or extra was always discussed and agreed with us before any work took place.

We had a few issues which meant the project took longer than it had been due to, but Prestige dealt with this fairly and professionally. The guys were always friendly, considerate and hardworking, which makes a big difference when they're in your space for a long time. For such a big project, I wanted to be confident that we were engaging professional and competent tradesmen and I have been very happy with the quality of the work and the finish.

I also wanted the reassurance that should anything go wrong (as things do) that they were going to deal with it promptly and properly. We recently had an issue with the roof and within a very short time of me letting Jay know, one of the guys came round and the whole thing was fixed less than a week later. This is exactly the sort of service you want when it comes to your home!

I think Prestige quotes will likely come in more expensive than others, but (1) the quote is likely to be more comprehensive upfront that others' ballpark numbers and (2) having seen what friends have gone through with cowboys and comparing it to our experience, I think you do get what you pay for.