We are trialing a dedicated East Dulwich COVID-19 Area on the forum here - please keep it useful.

Forum Sponsors

Glazer Delmar

www.circlepsychologypartners.co.uk

https://www.gokayfitness.com/3-months-body-transformation

Advertise here

The East Dulwich Forum
Would you recommend your East Dulwich doctor, dentist or butcher?
messageStrong recommendation for John Marx kitchen fitter
Posted by Alex&Alice January 14, 11:00AM

We recently had a new kitchen (purchased from Howdens) installed by John Marx ( , 07557907729) and canít recommend him highly enough.

In terms of carrying out the initial consultation, getting a quote, and confirming dates/process, we found John and his wife Gabi (who manages the admin side of the business) to be extremely helpful, responsive and transparent. Compared to other kitchen fitters we had spoken to this was a massive breath of fresh air, and made everything feel easy and straightforward.

When it came to actually installing the kitchen, John clearly takes great pride and care in his work and the fit was to a really high standard, despite the fact that our kitchen is an awkward shape. John worked hard to keep the work on schedule, and was very communicative about how things were progressing and where he encountered any issues. He also returned a few days later to carry out a few small tidy-ups that we had noticed, and makes a point of offering this follow-up service.

We are thrilled with our new kitchen, and think John represents really good value for money. Also, he is a genuine, friendly guy, so that we both felt very comfortable having him around the house.

messageRe: Strong recommendation for John Marx kitchen fitter
Posted by Kenai45 January 20, 06:05PM

I similarly have received excellent service from John (and Gabi), in fitting a sizeable new kitchen for me at the end of 2019.

John has a great deal of knowledge and experience, is very professional, works to high standards, and is very pleasant to deal with. He (and Gabi) are very responsive to emails/ texts. He solved various issues that arose. I am very pleased with the results.

I selected kitchen unit range from 'DIY Kitchens' (which John had suggested that I consider).... I am happy with the units & worktops... They are I think a very good option.... (I had a Howdens kitchen installed in another property two years ago.... DIY Kitchens was much lower in cost, and to me is just as good... )

Posted by mxwlkr March 25, 09:48AM

Additional recommendation for John and Gabi. Great communication and service before and throughout and thrilled with the end result at a very reasonable cost. He was a really honest and friendly guy that made the whole experience all the more easy.

John fitted our Handmade Kitchens Direct (which I would also recommend) kitchen which was a first for both of us but John was great in dealing with the one or two issues that we had with fitting. John also helped do a few extra bits that went above and beyond the original fit that really helped to give us the finished product we had hoped.

messageStrong recommendation for John Marx kitchen fitter
Posted by Landjsmum July 03, 03:07PM

John Marx of 'Top Marx' recently fitted our new kitchen in Dulwich Village. The kitchen units were bought relatively cheaply from DIY Kitchens, but John's expert fitting means the end result looks superb. John also made custom components for us, including a bespoke boiler cupboard. John was an absolute pleasure to have in the house and went above and beyond to help us to get the result we wanted. His advice was excellent and John was also able to recommend other local tradesmen to help with our electrics and redecoration. John charges very fairly for his work - perhaps too fairly! We count ourselves very fortunate indeed to have found John. Would enthusiastically recommend that you get a quote from John. John can be reached at topmarxkitchens@gmail.com.

Posted by PGB September 07, 07:42PM

Another recommendation for John, who has just fitted my new Howdens kitchen in Peckham. John recommended the Penge branch of Howdens, and the whole process from planning to fitting was straightforward and as stressfree as possible. John is friendly and honest, and dealt with some last minute changes that I made to the plans with no fuss. Gabi is also great at communicating and responding quickly to questions. Iím very pleased with the outcome of the kitchen fitting and wouldnít hesitate to recommend John.

Back to top of page
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Donate                   Terms of use                  Help & FAQs                   Advertise               RSS rss feed               Copyright 2006 - 2018 East Dulwich Forum