Roofer recommendation, Jan 2020, Russell Perring

loaf

Hi all

I would like to post a recommendation for Russell Perring, who has just sorted a long-standing leak in our Nunhead roof that several others had fail to resolve. Russell came and had an initial look the day I after I rang him, and seemed very professional and knowledgeable. He always called me back every time I rang or texted, explained everything and was just really helpful and a very nice guy.

When he came to do the work, he arrived with a SWAT team, who worked nonstop and did the job in 2 days (rain was due). He removed a badly built parapet, replaced a velux, fixed problems with another and replaced a flat roof... Amazingly efficient and really good neat job. Leak gone, job sorted! Work guaranteed for 10 years

He sorts the scaffolding too.

So a huge thumbs up for Russell. A genuine pleasure to deal with.

His mobile is 07852 972052

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...
I looked for Russell's name on the Forum just now, and Boddle's dilemma appeared. I'm in exactly the same situation. Russell did a brilliant job on my roof a few years ago, and now I have a loose slate (or two) Perhaps he's just too busy......

• 3 months later...

biggiechiggie Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I was overcharged by Russell Perring with a job

> last year when i was busy with a few other jobs. I

> didn't see the other thread mentioning the

> overcharging from him, so always best to get a

> second quote as a reference.

Your first post on this forum, and you are commenting on a thread whose last post was four months ago?

Russell Perring is very reasonably priced in my experience, and I find it very hard to believe that he would overcharge anybody.

What other thread "mentions overcharging from him"? He has always been very highly recommended on this forum. Perhaps you could provide a link to this thread, which you refer to but say you "didn't see"?

In any case, price isn't everything. Reliability and competence are rather important too 🙂 There is a difference between a fair price for a job done well and "overcharging". Also, Russell guarantees his work.

Why did you use him if you thought his quote was too high?

ETA: Are you a competitor, by any chance? I have a suspicious mind I know, but ....

I will be happy (but surprised) to be proved wrong!

• 1 month later...
I just wanted to add my recommendation for Russell. He recently managed to solve a problem on my roof that two other roofers were unable to (one of whom had done work that Russell said was completely unnecessary and made the problem worse). I found him to be honest and reliable and incredibly reasonably priced. I would have no hesitation in recommending him to anyone and he will definitely be my go to person from now on should I have any other roof issues.