Box sash timber window

edav5

I recently had a large engineered softwood box sash window fitted in my Denmark Hill flat. I used Buckfield Joinery who are based in Balham.

The window was bespoke and made by hand and is high quality. The price was reasonable and the owner Jon Buckfield is reliable. I would recommend their services without hesitation. 02086737894. [email protected]

Hi edev,

Thanks for your recommendation to the forum. Could you be kind enough to provide a ballpark figure for the work carried out and what it was that was carried out?

We're on the lookout for a reasonably priced timber sash window supplier - so far they've been quite elusive

Thanks,

R

wetbatrat Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Hi edev,

>

> Thanks for your recommendation to the forum. Could

> you be kind enough to provide a ballpark figure

> for the work carried out and what it was that was

> carried out?

>

> We're on the lookout for a reasonably priced

> timber sash window supplier - so far they've been

> quite elusive

>

> Thanks,

>

As well as the people recommended above, try SJB sash windows for a quote.

They fitted timber living room bay windows plus three other sash windows for me last year.

They were very well priced, really helpful and efficient, and the windows look great.

I will definitely use them again when I need more windows. I originally found them via another recommendation on here.

https://sjbsashwindows.co.uk/

Why not support and give the works to a high skill and local trades man? Why are you advertising about COMPANIES on this forum that they are not Local?? We need to help our local BUSINESSES and trades people from our area and not others with fancy websites!! You really believe in miracles!! what a joke!! There is other Joiners in Dulwich, East Dulwich that are far better than this companies with fancy websites !! When any of us are in need of bespoke joinery you need to be careful, visit if possible the workshops, take a good guidance of the process of making doors and windows etc, fancy websites never seduce me and will not ever do! I dont want to mention companies and names around but you can Google it or find them on this forum. Its just annoying dont "help" our local trades man.

costeve Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Why not support and give the works to a high skill

> and local trades man? Why are you advertising

> about COMPANIES on this forum that they are not

> Local?? We need to help our local BUSINESSES and

> trades people from our area and not others with

> fancy websites!! You really believe in miracles!!

> what a joke!! There is other Joiners in Dulwich,

> East Dulwich that are far better than this

> companies with fancy websites !! When any of us

> are in need of bespoke joinery you need to be

> careful, visit if possible the workshops, take a

> good guidance of the process of making doors and

> windows etc, fancy websites never seduce me and

> will not ever do! I dont want to mention

> companies and names around but you can Google it

> or find them on this forum. Its just annoying dont

> "help" our local trades man.

Just because somebody is local doesn't mean they must be better or cheaper.

There are several local tradespeople I will never use again (and several I will).

Your only posts on this forum have been about using a local joiner for windows, which I find a bit odd.

It was for a large bespoke sash bedroom window. The price was reasonable given that it was engineered softwood. They were better than LondonBoxSash in term's of price. I had a good experience with Buckfield Joinery who are a small local firm. Jon has experience working in conservation areas. The website is an accurate representation of their work. http://buckfield-joinery.co.uk. I suggest you contact them for a no obligation quote.