food supplies from trade suppliers

SueJ

PUTTING ALL INFO INTO ONE THREAD TO TRY TO HELP.

BELOW IN CAPITALS ONLY SO IT STANDS OUT - NOT SHOUTING!!

PLEASE BE AWARE THAT SOME OF THE SUPPLIERS ARE STRUGGLING A BIT AT THE ORDER TAKING END - THE SUPPLIES ARE THERE, BUT THE VOLUME OF CALLS IS A LITTLE OVERWHELMING AS THEY ARE ADJUSTING TO SUPPLYING TO THE PUBLIC NOT TRADE. PLEASE ONLY CALL NOW IF YOU URGENTLY NEED A DELIVERY. THEY ARE NOT TAKING ORDERS FOR WEEKS AHEAD, ONLY FOR DELIVERY AS NEEDED.

THEY DON'T GET THEIR FOOD FROM THE SAME PLACES AS THE SUPERMARKETS, THEY HAVE THIER OWN, SOLID SUPPLY CHAIN SO PLEASE DON'T WORRY, THERE IS PLENTY TO GO AROUND IF WE ARE ALL SENSIBLE. THEY CAN ONLY DO HOME DELIVERY, NOT COLLECTION. REMEMBER THEY WERE SET UP TO SUPPLY RESTAURANTS AND CATERERS UNTIL A FEW DAYS AGO, SO ARE HAVING TO ADJUST TO NEW WORKING SYSTEMS.

Our trade suppliers for bakery, fruit, veg, dairy & fish have turned to us for help. With their usual customers (restaurants etc.) all shut, they have food that is going to go to waste?. They have asked us to connect them to the community, and are offering box schemes in the short term to ensure they continue to trade and to keep people fed (without having to face the horrific situation at the supermarkets). They will deliver this to your door (depending on location, but certainly in the East Dulwich area ? apologies to some of you if you?re too far away, but you may find other local companies doing similar if you can search for them, so it may still be useful info).

Their food is of excellent quality, and there is plenty of it. We hope very much it will make your life easier and remove some of the stress from the current situation.

Attached and also below is information for you.

These guys are incredibly thankful for your support, you are as much their lifeline as they may be yours.

Also ? if you need some inspiration on what to cook, Suzanne is doing daily Cupboard Cookery Classes on Instagram (via Instagram TV) ? follow her on https://www.instagram.com/eastdulwichchef/

This is a mix of showing people some basic cookery methods/skills for those who need it - PARENTS - you can use this as part of home schooling too!

Plus easy recipes based on what you might have in ? you can even tell her what is in your cupboard and she will try to come up with a recipe.

We are sending you all our very best wishes, and looking forward to getting back to normal very soon?.. we will get through this?? together.

Take care, all of us at Suzanne James Catering & Events

BAKERY

https://www.rockstarbakers.co.uk/product-page/family-bakery-box

MEAT

http://www.flockandherd.com/flock-and-herd---main.html

FRUIT & VEG & DAIRY BELOW?..

Usually these guys look after the restaurant trade however given that restaurants are closing and private clients are unable to purchase staples, these guys have set up a great local delivery scheme:

People can call 02036214242 to ask for which box they want to take.

Just need to give the surname and first name, and we will take the payment over the phone.

Can be delivered tomorrow

Box 1: large Mix 1 fruit and veg and dairy ?45

1 unsalted butter

12 each eggs

1 med sliced brown bread

1x 2lt milk

1kg carrot

1 cauliflower

4 green apples

4 red apples

6 satsumas

1kg bananas

0.400kg leek

2 x250g cooked beetroot

1kg vine tomatoes

1 punets cherry tomatoes

1kg small potatoes mids

500g tenderstem broccoli

1 butternut squash

500g courgette

1 garlic bulb

500g onions

1 green pepper

1 red pepper

1.3kg sweet potato

1.5kg red potato

350g mushrooms

1 punet strawberries

1 punet blackberries

1 punets raspberries

1 punet blueberries

2 each pears

Box 2: mix veg: ?25

1 each cauliflower

500g tenderstem Broccoli

0.5kg sweet potatoes

1.5kg mids new potato

1 each leek

1 bunch asparagus 500g

1kg tomatoes vine

1kg carrots

1.5kg red potatoes

0.5kg courgette

0.5kg small onions

1 garlic bulb

1 butternut squash

0.5kg mushroom

50g red chilies

box 3: dairy: ?15

1 loaf medium sliced brown

12 eggs (2x6?s)

1 x250g unsalted butter

1x 2lt blue milk

1x500ml yogurt natural

1x2.27l orange juice

2 each mozarella balls

Box 4: mix fruit: ?25

1 punet blueberries

1 punet raspberries

1 punet strawberries

12 each oranges

12 each satsumas

0.5kg black grapes

6 each red apples

4 each pears

5 each bananas

1 each pineapple

SEE NEXT POST FOR MORE

Ah, sorry, didn't have time to go looking for them. Don't mind if the team want to move this thread. Just trying to help everyone. Easier for me to update one thread with new info so will be updating here from now on.

Admin - as this directly supports those 'suffering' from Covid-19 issues - and this set-up will presumably have a short-ish shelf life - not 'business' we hope with any legs past July (fingers crossed symbol) I think it fits here, where people are looking for help, support advice etc. through this emergency. Clearly it is business, but not I hope as we know it, long term.

NOTHING BEING THROWN OUT AS NOW ALL FOOD IS BEING DISTRIBUTED TO THE PUBLIC - WE ACTED FAST ENOUGH.

ADMIN, THIS THREAD IS TO HELP EVERYONE DURING THE COVID-10 PANDEMIC, CAN IT NOT STAY IN THAT AREA PLEASE?

WE ARE SIMPLY TRYING TO GET SUPPLIES OUT TO PEOPLE.

Hi there

Smith & Brock have had to change the email address not to

[email protected] to enable them to keep up with the demand.

Thank you all so much for supporting this incredible family business that has supplied me for years. This means they should be in business when we ?return to normal?

❤️

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...