Nisa Local Nunhead - Seeking volunteers

just went in to this shop i got some pitta bread price on the shelf 99p price at the till ?1.29 when i asked the seller he said all prices are gone up and i said it say's 99p on the shelf he shrugged his shoulders.we need to remember the local shops that have looked after the local people so i will NEVER use this shop again. looks like some local shops are making money from this coronavirus disaster we as local people NEED TO NAME AND SHAME these shops

ken78 Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> just went in to this shop i got some pitta bread

> price on the shelf 99p price at the till ?1.29

> when i asked the seller he said all prices are

> gone up and i said it say's 99p on the shelf he

> shrugged his shoulders.we need to remember the

> local shops that have looked after the local

> people so i will NEVER use this shop again. looks

> like some local shops are making money from this

> coronavirus disaster we as local people NEED TO

> NAME AND SHAME these shops

As I've said on another thread, it is possible that the wholesaler has increased their prices.

Please be careful what you post unless you are absolutely sure of the facts.

Kristal Pharmacy in Nunhead were subject to similar criticism, and were able to prove that their wholesaler had very considerably increased the prices which Kristal had to pay to the wholesaler.

ETA: This is what Renata (councillor) posted on another thread:

Yesterday I spoke to the owner of Krystal Pharmacy. He has run it for 40 years. He has suffered verbal abuse from people who have been his customers for many years. I have seen the invoices for the hand sanitisers, I have been emailed copies of the correspondence with his suppliers if anyone doesn't believe me. He is making pennies in profit for the hand sanitisers. The supplier who used to charge around 85p for a 50ml sanitiser wanted ?6 plus VAT. Muslin tried various other suppliers and managed to get it for a bit less than ?5 and is selling it for ?4.99. He even looked on Ebay to see if he could get it cheaper! When his old stock ran out and he found the prices had rocketed, he dithered for a few days as he knew the prices were so extortionately high, and he wasn't sure whether to purchase any stock. Local residents have kept coming in and asking him for it and that's why he bought it at such an inflated price. He now wonders if he made the right decision as the high prices that are outside his control have caused so much backlash.

Other products have also shot up in price at the wholesalers eg pine disinfectant has tripled in price over the last fortnight and paracetamol is about 5x the previous price. Please do support our local businesses.

Renata

• 2 weeks later...