Organic village market - stock update

Brandome19

Hi all, we at organic village market on lordship lane do still have quite few groceries left in zero waste section - rice , pulses , beans , flour etc. And we have been going to fruit and vegetables market every morning and collecting fresh produces . So far we only haven?t been able to get bananas from the market. We will be soon setting up a team to deliver fresh produce and groceries to elderly.

Got some Rice this lunchtime.

They have 10kg and 5kg sacks but also loose Rice at the back of the shop in dispensers.

You can bring your own bags and fill them up or they have brown paper bags too.

Lots of other Dispensers for you to fill your own bags.

DulwichFox

Is there any chance at all of a delivery service for those of us who can't leave the house?

I understand that may be too difficult to organise, but it would be great for those of us who mainly eat the sort of things you sell in your zero waste section, plus tofu etc!

Brandome19 Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Hi Sue, Yes we will deliver with pleasure if you

> are isolating . We have delivered to few regular

> customers this week . Please email the list of

> products you would like to order to

> [email protected]

Great, massive thanks. I'll need to make a list, then I'll email you :)

ETA: Sorry, I stupidly hadn't read the rest of the thread properly when I made the post above. You had already said you were delivering, duh. Apologies!

mybaby178 Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Hi , where can I see a list of products that you

> offer ? Many thanks

I'd like to see this too if possible, with prices, thanks :)

Hi , apology unfortunately due to time constraint we don?t have the product list ready but you may visit our Facebook page where we have posted loads of pictures of the products we offer at organic village market . We just wanted to help the community by delivering to household who have self isolated due to covid-19.

Hi

We have practically everything you have mentioned including loo roll. However we are receiving big delivery full of flour , dried yeast etc today morning at 5:30am so do come in at around 10am after we have stocked up the shelves.

Organic village market

• 2 weeks later...

I was there last week for the last time - see below, and social distancing was very difficult because the staff were getting too close to customers in the queue inside the shop in their attempt to restock shelves as quickly as possible.

However, what I am also disturbed about is the massive increase in price on certain items. E.g. a packet of Doves Farm Organic Digestive biscuits which is usually ?2.00 is now ?2.99. And a packet of Doves Farm Organic Shortbread biscuits which is usually ?1.50 is now ?2.69. Unusually for this shop, they hadn't priced the biscuits, though everything else in my shopping basket was priced as normal and it was only when I went to pay that I learnt of this increase. I pointed this out to them in case it was a mistake but only got a mild smile back and so chose not to purchase.

I got the biscuits from As Nature is Intended for the RRP.