Heads up re. Smith and Brock / Knock Knock Groceries

tomskip

To anyone who has ordered or is thinking of ordering.

I ordered a large box at lunch time yesterday. The email acknowledgement said "we will let you know when your order is ready to be delivered".

I hadn't heard anything 24 hours later so rang just to see if it would be coming today, as if not I will have to get some food in.

The man who answered the phone told me their lead time is "currently 4 days". So I said, so I should expect my box ordered yesterday on Thursday or Friday then? He replied "probably Saturday".

I am posting this here just to let people know, as there is no information about delivery dates on the website nor on the email acknowledgement.

I have an order in from yesterday but understand they are new to this

I'd rather they actually manage to deliver than just don't turn up (eh Co-op).

I'm dreading my run to Tesco 2 minutes away - outside looks busy - some girl loudly coughing (I think on purpose to annoy people)

If anyone wants an alternative, check out spiers salads. Full disclosure they are Part owned by my wife?s cousin (who lives in brockley) but we have ordered fruit and veg through them and its great. I know others who have as well and reviews have been very good.

http://spierssalads.com/

They used to run salad bars in the city and like others they have had to adapt, or indeed die. They too were struggling a bit to keep up with the incredible demand but have since joined forces with a local delivery company (who themselves have had to adapt from their original model delivering food to restaurants) to increase capacity to around 500 deliveries a day to south east london. Monday is full but Tuesday has space.

Check them out.

Stay safe everyone.

Hey everyone.

We're a local catering company and have launched our delivery boxes full of fresh ingredients. We deliver on Tuesdays and Thursdays and are taking orders now.

We're experienced caterers but have only recently started this delivery venture so have plenty of availability!

http://www.getstuffedcatering.co.uk/apocalypse-chow

Please do have a look and share...we would love to help!

Thanks everyone, take care.