rip off high prices local hardware diy shops lordship lane

jonah

im always a bit shocked at east dulwich diy shop prices but PLOUGH diy shop near the libary is the most greedy rip off prices i have ever come across...they charged ?12 95 for flashband i went to B&Q the same flashband was ?3.75...they are criminals at PLOUGH DIY ...save yourself a fortune dont shop at plough diy

I have been going there for decades. Some of their prices are higher than big DIY shops, some are lower. But whichever, they are much more convenient. If you don't like the prices go somewhere else.

btw I have no connection with Plough Homecraft except as a long standing occassional customer.

also remember these independants do not have anything like the buying power of the big chains (who can demand massive discounts)

Always found plough (and the other DIy shops on LL) helpful and knowledgeable.

I also have no connection with any of these businesses.

Plough are known for being a bit pricey, but they are a solid DIY store and everyone there usually knows enough to provide advice which can save you time and money.

As somebody said, if you don't like their prices shop elsewhere, but something else you purchase at Plough may well be cheaper / equivalent priced to other DIY stores so it slides both ways.

I actually find all the DIY stores in SE22 offer good advice and a decent range of items - we are lucky.

Been using them all for 30yrs (3x house renovations), Plough and the rest collectively all provide a decent go-to resource in SE22.

Loss of Plough would leave a massive hole in that resource IMO.

When you include the builder / timber centres, we're actually blessed !!

Nice shop the Plough. Not sure why you have resorted to social media to slag them off. Always very helpful. You've got B&Q, and on-line Wickes, Tool Station and Screwfix otherwise. DIY shops further down into Dulwich also good. Individual service not price.

They were really friendly and helpful when I went in and needed advice on what to use to put up heavy pictures/mirrors on our crumbly walls - didn't patronise me at all like I've experienced elsewhere. Yes you might buy something cheaper on Amazon but you get none of the advice.

I find it depends who is serving, some I find are more helpful than others, but still a good resource locally bearing in mind they had to move into the current premises from a couple of doors up. Don't think it was out of choice, more a case of a greedy landlord.

The plough homecraft are great, they ALWAYS have what I need screw/bits wise and everything gardening related, as people point out, I can go in there and buy one screw, you can't do that in any of the DIY shops in east dulwich!

Love their shop and their incredibly knowledgeable staff,

Also their rubble sacks are the best rubble sacks I've ever used by miles

I don't mind paying more for things if I can get them first try, as time is more valuable than all

I really like both DIY stores on LL. I usually go to Dulwich DIY but have also been to the Plough one. I save lots of money by a/ buying the right thing and b/ not buying things I haven?t gone shopping for such as plants!

I too have always found the people at Plough really helpful, and there is never any pressure to buy.

Jonah, your post is way over the top. Criminals? Really?

As with anything, if you find their prices too high, shop elsewhere.

Many shops around here charge what I consider to be rip off prices..... I just don't spend my money with them!

Most times I prefer to venture out as I like choices

Certainly during the covid times many are taking it too far with pricing!

Here?s another vote of confidence for The Plough DIY. Sure, the big chains are maybe cheaper but I don?t drive and so when I?ve factored in the minimum ?3 cost of bussing it there and back... hmmm.

What?s more the quality of advice at The Plough is second to none. Unlike some DIY shops, they don?t look at you askance if you have a rookie question.

And the old maxim holds true. If you find the prices too high, the quality of advice inadequate and if you have wheels to allow you to shop elsewhere then vote with your feet. In the meantime I?ll use mine to walk between The Plough DIY and my home when I need some bits and pieces of gear.

Have been using Plough,for a few years now,as well as Shauns,and Dulwich DIY,Overall all 3 are very helpful,even with advice ,Comparing Prices to Large DIY Shops Dont think you can compare price ,As a regular Tradesman working in and around East Dulwich more than Happy to take my Purchase to smaller Business in East Dulwich