Rat Race Cycles Nunhead Lock Down Super Heroes!

Rat Race Cycles

118 Evelina Rd, Nunhead SE15 3HL

(020 7732 1933)

Open Mon 7am?7pm, Tue 9am?6pm (pre-booked bikes only), Wed 7am?7pm, Thur 9am-6pm (pre-booked bikes only) Fri 7am?7pm, Sat 9am?5pm

Rat Race Cycles Nunhead Lock Down Super Heroes!

Just prior to the lock down my friend Elvis From Nunhead found me an abandoned sit up and beg single speed Raleigh bike, and at the time thought ?well I have not used a pedal bike for years, but hey maybe it could come in handy.?

DELIGHTED I accepted the offer of the FREE bike! Within days of the lock down Muslim the manager of Kristal Pharmacy informed me that one of the delivery drivers had needed to self isolate, and asked if I could help deliver some prescriptions. Without hesitation I offered to help. Well this lovely ?Old School? bike has been a ?God Send?! On a typical round of five prescriptions I end up all over SE15, if walking it would take me hours.

The only draw back was having to dangle a large bag from the handlebar which more often could have a hissy fit with the spokes of the front wheel.

By chance quite recently I encountered the lovely boss of Rat Race in Kristal Pharmacy, how ironic!

?Could you order and fit a front basket? this will make delivering prescriptions so much easier and safer.? He checked out the bike and confirmed that a basket could be ordered and fitted.

Just 48 hours later I was shown the basket which would be just the job. Kristal kindly offered to pay for the basket to be fitted.

On 14th May I wheeled in my bike to have the basket fitted, the saddle adjustment to be replaced and brakes to service.

Later that morning I got a call to confirm the bike was ready to collect, so I turned up and was delighted with the transformation. So I got my debit card ready but then the shop assistant dropped a bombshell, ?Sorry but we have an issue? this suddenly got me thinking ?oh dear you have found a major problem with the bike? then continued ?the issue is we are NOT going to charge you.? my jaw dropped I just never expected such an un-expected act of selfless generosity, ?you are doing important community as a key worker and we are happy to help.?

Considering this had been the first time of calling on the service of Rat Race, I had not for a moment considered not being charged.

Either way my intention was to share a glowing review, since the lock down Rat Race I have observed have provided a vital service to all pedal bike owners including NHS staff, who get priority. You serve with a smile and make us all feel re-assured that we can expect a job well done.

Well the basket is PERFECT making my prescription rounds almost effortless, where before I was constantly battling with the bag not impacting on the front wheel, which on one occasion wrote off a prescription emptying it?s contents on the road.

To the manager and team at Rat Race Cycles, even if you had charged, in my book you are all Key Worker Super Heroes. THANK YOU.