Osteopathic patient recruitment

At the General Osteopathic Council we want to actively involve patients and the public in the work we do.

We are recruiting osteopathic patients and members of the public to take part in a range of upcoming events, focus groups, surveys and consultations so we can hear your views.

It is important that the public has have confidence in the quality and safety of osteopathic care. Our aim is to ensure that we understand your needs, views and concerns so that we can improve our patient information and our guidance for osteopaths. By sharing your insight, you can help us to do that, especially in the context of COVID 19.

Whether you've got lots of time to spare or only a little, and whatever your experience of osteopathic care, we hope you'll find an opportunity that interests you. Payment and expenses covered.

If you have a question and would like to speak to us, please email us at [email protected].

• 4 weeks later...

Have you visited an osteopath in the last 12 months? If so, we would like to hear from you. The GOsC is hosting online focus groups with patients to seek their perspectives on osteopathic practice in light of the coronavirus pandemic.

We want to better understand what concerns you might have about receiving treatment as well as the issues would you like your osteopath to consider before, during and after your treatment.

We are seeking feedback on a range of topics including:

-whether you have recently sought or intend to seek osteopathic treatment during the coronavirus pandemic

-the use of Personal Protective Equipment

-the use of telehealth (treatment over the phone or via video conferencing)

If you are interested in taking part, the online discussion will last around 1 to 1.5hrs and ?50 will be offered to participating patients as a thank you for their time.

To find out more, please email Stacey Towle and Rachel Heatley on [email protected]