Scala Personal Training at Everyone Active (was Fusion), East Dulwich.

Giulio Scala

To celebrate the grand opening of the brilliant new Fusion gym in East Dulwich and the 10th anniversary of Scala Personal Training, I am running a special offer throughout June and July. Just email me and mention the forum and get ?10 off your first personal training session. Your initial consultation will of course still be complimentary as usual.

I am a fully qualified personal trainer and Stott Pilates instructor with ten years experience. I also hold a degree in Sports Science. Please have a look at my website for more details on how I work, prices and client testimonials.

Giulio.

Scala Personal Training - click here

Does this apply to your existing clients then? >:D< If you are looking for a great personal training experience, then i too can recommend Giulio. He's one of the few independent personal trainers at Dulwich, now that Fusion are employing a generic company to provide their personal training service.

In nearly two years, i'm fitter and much more focussed on staying that way - shame i can't say the same about my diet!

Take him up on his offer - even if it's just for one session. It may give you the kick you need. And i can highly recommend the newly upgraded East Dulwich Leisure centre for a workout - though it was a little hot in their this morning.

Forgot to add, the creche is fab at East Dulwich (and Peckham)so you have no excuse with childcare issues. Tracy, Salma and Claire at East Dulwich are fantastic - i've left mine with them since he was 10months old - he's now 3.5 1hour at the creche for a member is ?3.40. Book at reception.

Giulio is fab, I've been training with him since January (after doing nothing for years) and am now signing up to all sorts of races - including the marathon! eek.

The sessions are also really fun & the hour goes so quickly, especially as he is very good at distracting you from the tough parts! :)) x

Giulio is a brilliant trainer. He has trained me for years and seen me through two baby bellies. He is professional, uber qualified, discreet and above all a lovely guy which helps pass the time when you are being pushed to your limits!

Guilio is really very special, I can recommend him as a personal trainer and have been a client of his on and off for 8 years. He has helped me get fit, slim down, tone, and also given me the confidence and motivation to do a triathlon and run the London marathon, not bad for 4hrs 30 mins at the age of 47, and I never used to be the sporty type! He keeps his knowledge up to date and knows exactly how to work every kind of person. I suffer from lower back problems and working with him has helped strengthen my core muscles and eleviated my pain. When I stretch and exercise he is careful not to let any of my movements trigger the pain. Guilio is your investment in your health, and really that's all you have isn't it? Oh yes, one more thing, he has a great sence of humour! This helps the most!

I would also highly recommend Giulio. He is great at making you feel motivated and and encouraging you to try different ways of exercising so that you never feel bored. I never thought of myself as being particularly fit but he really does make you challenge yourself so that you achieve good results and feel that it really is worthwhile!

I would also like to add my recommendations to this thread. I think I have been training with Giulio for most of his 10years as a trainer and hardly miss a week, I love it so much. I feel fit, motivated and really great about myself. It will be the best money you ever spend on you.

• 2 weeks later...

Giulio is the best trainer I ever had and I can only agree to all the positive things that have been said so far.

I simply love training with him because it is fun (he has a great sense of humor!), very effective, and holistic. Hence, he is picking up unhelpful habits and challenges all ?the reason? for unhealthy behaviour. We talk a lot about nutrition and life style in general. He is full of very useful knowledge and advice.

Giulio gets the most out of me. Despite the fact that I try to negotiate the intensity of the training (☺), he encourages me to get to my limits and beyond, so there is always progress. He also accommodates busy work schedules as much as he can, which has helped a lot.

I really feel that Giulio takes an interest and wants me to achieve my goals (and I will). He cares and that makes him different to other trainers and special.

Give a training session with Giulio a go and you will agree with all thats been said so far....I started my training with him in January and the results are great - my fitness has increased lots, I feel stronger and more toned. He pushes and challenges but keeps things safe, contantly watching form and quality. I personally like the fact that he also is a qualified pilates instructor which makes his method of personal training rather unique. Try and you won't look back.

• 1 month later...
Just wanted to add my recommendation too. I initially trained with Giulio for 6 months before my wedding earlier this year, but he's so good that I've continued with the training post-wedding. He's very good at making you feel motivated and keen to exercise. Each session is different which keeps it interesting and I always feel that he's totally focused on and interested in helping me to achieve my goals. He's also great fun which certainly helps make the early morning starts bearable!

I'd definitely recommend Giulio. He's rehabilitated me through a stress fracture over the last few months and I'd be a massive sack of lard without his help. His sense of humour gets you through the tough bits and I have to say that there's no chance I'd work as hard as I do there without his help.

I would definitely recommend Giulio. He trained my husband and I once a week for 7 weeks before our wedding in July and it made a huge difference. We were both really impressed with the results in such a short space of time. He got us really into going to the gym - he is very motivating and fun to train with. He managed to train us both in the same session even though we had quite different goals. I never knew I had it in me do any more than half a feeble press up and now I can do loads of them!!

• 2 weeks later...

I have been training with Giulio for the last three months and cannot sing his praises enough. His motivation and dedicated hard work hugely increased/found my fitness level, as well as toning me up in time for my wedding in August (had baby at Christmas and hip surgery in April so there was a lot to do!). It's true, the hour in which we train goes incredibly fast. I have always been a cardio queen at the gym but being introduced to "super sets" has opened my eyes to the way in which results can be made safely. Giulio is a genuinely lovely guy who is happy to either talk you through what you're doing or join in your babble about kids if that's more your thing.

Be warned...when Giulio says "and rest" after a set, he doesn't mean it. He means get up we're moving to another exercise!

• 1 month later...
I've been training with Giulio for over 5 years now. I keep going back at least twice a week because he strikes the perfect balance of hard work and variety, so I never get too bored or downhearted [which was always a major problem with exercise and fitness in my pre Guilio days]. He is a no nonsense results-orientated trainer who doesn't waste my time with too much flowery theory - he just listens to what you want to achieve and doggedly gets on with the job of achieving that. I wanted to put on muscle and bulk and Guilio has me safely lifting weights I would never have been able to lift on my own, or with other less focussed trainers; I have experienced trainers before Guilio, but the fact that I have stuck with Guilio for so long, with no plans to leave, says it all really. And he has given me the confidence and knowledge to train myself regularly, which is something I had never previously felt able to do. He has written me personalised programmes - regularly updated - which actually work.

• 5 weeks later...
I highly recommend Giulio Scala. I've been training with him twice a week for several months now and started about 5 1/2 months after my baby was born, wanting to shift baby weight and get back into shape after more than a year off of exercise. It was important to me to find a trainer that was knowledgable about post natal exercise and Giulio has been great, helping me to set realistic targets and teaching me modified abdominial work to target my stomach muscles and back. Three months later, I've lost more than half a stone, have gained muscle definition and strength and feel more motivated to keep exercising than ever before. I especially like the fact that Giulio puts up with my exercise protestations during the session ;-). He "listens," but stays tough pushing me to get through that third rep! Giulio has also given me good nutritional advice. We review my food journal, portion control and weight on a weekly basis and I love watching my weight decrease most weeks!

• 1 month later...
I just wanted to add to this thread in case anyone was looking for a trainer in the new year. Giulio is an amazing trainer and I would definitely recommend him! I have two small children and have very little time to spare. I love going to our sessions - they are really varied and Giulio makes the hour of hard work fly by. I had not done any exercise in 4 years and I saw a difference right away. It s the best money I have spent on myself and I have not looked back. Expect to work hard and you will achieve your goals.

• 1 month later...

Having trained with Giulio for 2 years before the birth of my daughter I've just started training again to shift the baby weight and it's wonderful to be back!

Giulio understands what I can and can't do after going through pregnancy and birth and is patient but motivating to get back to my old levels of fitness as well as being extremely knowledgeable about how to build up my strength and muscle tone whilst losing lbs each week. If only I had the time to see him more often!

I would really recommend him to any new mums looking to get back into shape or to anyone else wanting to get fit in 2012!

• 3 weeks later...

Happy to recommend Giulio as a PT. Have been training since November and have no intention to stop. I had not done any proper weight training before, so it was really starting from scratch. I now have a good understanding of how to structure a routine and can push myself in the sessions I do in between those with Giulio.

Results from the training started showing pretty early on and i'm still very focussed on reaching the next level. For me the best aspect of the training is that, while i'm always pushed in Giulio's sessions (sometimes way beyond what I thought is possible), it's never in a militant way - more like a team that is trying to achieve the same goal.

Some people might prefer being shouted at, but for me it's about technical capability, programme structure and, ultimately, enjoying it.

H

• 2 months later...

I strongly recommend Giulio He has helped me back to fitness after a chronic knee injury. He has been amazingly supportive through the continuing arthritis flare ups and easily adjusts the sessions to enable me to as much as I am able. He has thorough structured plans which stretch you. He uses his humour to make an hours hard work out feel like fun.

No 2 sessions are the same which means it never feels dull. I never thought I would be able to ski again, but Giulio's training sessions has meant that it became possible this year. He is a lovely guy who really gets results.

• 2 months later...
I'd like to thank everyone on the forum who recommended Giulio - as a result I arranged some sessions with him recently and I've never looked back. I've worked with a few different trainers over the years, but Giulio is easily the best. He is highly professional, really knows what he's talking about, and tailors each session to best suit your own personal needs. Training with him has made a genuine difference to me and I'd have no hesitation in recommending him to anyone else (my husband has started now having seen how good it's been for me).

• 1 month later...

I'm one of those people who shudders at the thought of going to the gym - but I really look forward to my appointments with Giulio.

After I broke a leg at the end of 2010 (not in the gym, I hasten to add!), Giulio's advice has been invaluable in helping me regain strength, fitness and confidence. And since following his regime, I've been able to squeeze into smaller jeans too.

Giulio is a whipcracker but an absolute gem and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend him.