Reliable Mechanics

emilina

I am looking for a reliable mechanic who could service my car at a reasonable price. I have used Kwik Fit in Lewisham for the past 2 years, and often feel like I am being ripped off with the "added work" i am told i need for the car to pass an MOT.

My friend has suggested finding a reliable and honest mechanic in the East Dulwich/Forest Hill area to try for my next visit instead of going to Kwik Fit. So whether it?s a knowledgeable ?home mechanic? or a garage, I welcome the idea.

I very much look forward to hearing from some trustworthy mechanics or receiving some recommendations of people I could approach.

Emily

Just got a recommendation from a local business for Jack - ?Polish mobile mechanic 07886030314

used to work on Rosendale road garage which they also recommend (but he is cheaper & more convenient!)

let us know how you get on though for future reference please.

lozzyloz Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I've been using The Dulwich Test Centre to service

> and MOT my cars for 6 years now. 78-80 Hindmans

> Road SE22 9NG - 0208 6931442. Run by 2 brothers

> Reg & Paul. Totally trustworthy and very good.

I used these guys for years. Well Reg anyway.Paul came and went. I even bought two cars from them. I decided not to go back when they charged me a huge amount to fix a wing mirror. I miss the rapport I had with Reg but they didn't bother to reply to a letter I wrote to them after the 'misunderstanding'.

• 3 weeks later...

Toxtoth Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I use Andrews Garage in Loughborough Junction.

> Very trust worthy.

My family have been using Andrews for years.....I believe my uncle still takes his van there regularly and thats got close to 280,000 miles on it so must be doing something write :))

I use a mobile mechanic called Dave Lervine for my old Polo - very reliable and trustworthy - 07956410883.

I tried Jack the Polish mobile mechanic yesterday, and I would definitely recommend him. I had a problem starting my car, and he was able to come out the same afternoon. He found the source of the problem and fixed it right there. He used to work at the garage on Rosendale Rd, and has gone out on his own. He was a fraction of the price I would have had to pay to call out green flag who wanted to charge a GBP94.50 call out fee just to come and jump start it and take it to a garage!

His details are: JF Auto. Pre MOT Checks, Breakdown Assistance, Car diagnostic, Air conditioning.

Jack 07886030314

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...

Dulwich Test Centre (Reg and Paul) formally at 78-80 Hindmans Road

New Address:

Unit 14

4 Tyrrell Rd, London, Greater London SE22 9NA

Telephone: 020 8693 1442

I have used these mechanics since I got my car in 2006. They are excellent mechanics, reliable, reasonable and honest ... what more could you ask for?

They were in Hindmans Road for 27 years but have reccently moved to the new location mentioned above.