Forum Sponsors

www.inshutters.co.uk

www.advancedpainters.co.uk

www.takeflightacademy.co.uk

Advertise here

The East Dulwich Forum
The Bishop, The EDT, The Great Exhibition, the Actress or another?
Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
messageRe: Excellent Carpenter Recommendation
Posted by klove 13 March, 2013 20:32

Just to add another recommendation for Greg, he's just hung a door for us and went out of his way to get the right door furniture and took his time fitting it into our wonky frame. Very professional, friendly and quite happy to work alongside a screaming baby!

Posted by Heather Richards 01 May, 2013 19:22

Used Greg and Troy to do some carpentry at our house recently and their work was excellent.
Highly recommended.

Posted by imogena 25 June, 2013 11:23

message removed

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit was 2013:06:27:18:13:07 by imogena.

Posted by paulnkirsty 16 July, 2013 15:50

We used Greg to fit some floating shelves, replace a kickboard in our kitchen and build us a new integrated winerack. We also got a new bench made from reclaimed wood. Everything looks great and was the quality of the worksmanship is evident. We'd definitely use him again or recommend to others.

Posted by Kath243 27 July, 2013 19:53

Greg Bramwell has just finished repairing our rather dilapidated lean-to. In addition to replacing rotten timber, Greg also hung two new doors for us. The work has been done to a high standard and Greg was a pleasure to deal with.

I would highly recommend Greg for any carpentry work.

Posted by sallyb2012 31 July, 2013 15:52

Hi there- would you be able to share Greg's contact details? Many thanks!

Posted by sophie_d 14 August, 2013 16:21

i used this guy a few weeks ago and he was brilliant - really impressed with the job and the price
[stephentrickett.com]

Posted by annedevr 30 August, 2013 14:45

I would highly recommend Greg for any carpentry work. He has done various jobs over the past year in my house, e.g. repairing some garden doors, making a built in shelf in my bedroom and recently, constructing a beautiful built-in wardrobe in my living room. He is adamant that the client is happy and goes out of his way to make sure that the project is the way the client wants it. Furthermore the price/value relation is excellent. If he recommends a painter, called Des, to do paintwork, go for him as well. He has done an excellent painting job on my built-in wardrobe.

Posted by rosie123 10 September, 2013 16:22

Hi
Would anyone have Greg's contact details please?

Many thanks
ROsie

Posted by tomhop 11 October, 2013 08:59

Hi,

Greg's details are

Tel: 07949 640999
Email: enquiries@gbbespokefitters.com

He just did some really excellent work for us: two big wardrobes, a cupboard and some floating shelves. He's a considerate workman and sticks with it, even if there are problems - for example, it turned out our walls weren't straight and smoke alarms and sockets needed to be moved. He was also kind enough to fix a couple of other issues like a sticking front door while he was at it.

Nice guy too. I would certainly recommend him.

Posted by Oxalis 29 October, 2013 15:55

Another recommendation for Greg. He built a lovely alcove unit for me. He stuck to his timings/costs and cleaned up after himself. He is reliable and trustworthy, I was happy for him to be in the house whilst I was at work.

Posted by SWeston 19 November, 2013 21:54

Another recommendation. Greg just built two fitted wardrobes in the alcoves either side of the chimney breast in our bedroom. The space was not uniform (old slanty walls!) and he did a great job. We had three panels on each door finished with beading which gives
it a really smart finish.

We are really happy with his work and he did it for a fair price.

Posted by ClaireClaire 20 November, 2013 19:16

Just wanted to post another recommendation for Greg. He came at a half hour's notice to fit a dishwasher for me - it should have been an easy half-hour sort of job, but for all sorts of reasons (poor workmanship by previous contractors, mostly) it turned out to be quite complex, involving removing the kitchen worktop and crawling under the eaves to get at the water pipes. Greg got everything sorted, to a very good standard, and at a fair price.
Claire

Posted by izabellabrad 18 February, 2014 08:26

Another recommendations for Greg.

Great response to an emergency situation , a overflow toilet cistern . Greg got everything sorted very fast .I had used him twice before for different jobs and found him very reliable.
Professional and friendly .

Will use him again and recommend to everyone .

Posted by woodworker 18 February, 2014 17:30

DOES GREG DOES ANY JOINERY WORK?
DOES HE HAVE A WORKSHOP??

Posted by Measuringcup 22 February, 2014 21:13

If anyone is looking for a local carpenter I can highly recommend Philip Quinn. He laid our new oak floor and insulated the whole area underneath. He is an excellent craftsman with very high standards and attention to detail. Philip was involved in the whole process and helped us find the wooden floor at trade price and helped us decide on the best option for insulation. As it's probably the case with most ground floors in Victorian houses ours was terribly uneven, but Philip's patience and perfection resulted in a beautiful and even oak floor. He also made new skirting boards that of course were such a challenge with all the wonky walls but he made it all look so perfect! He also made bespoke doors for our storage area underneath the stairs. Very happy with the quality of his work. He is local and his number is 07701 097779

Posted by nb_ip 23 February, 2014 07:34

I'd like to recommend Alex from Crown Joinery. He has just done an excellent job on my French doors, using thermal glass and making sure everything was just as we wanted it. He is a lovely, knowledgeable chap, takes his time, but well worth it.

Posted by f1983 28 February, 2014 18:27

Another recommendation for Greg - and my reason for my first post on the EDF. Quick response to initial inquiry, lots of advice on ideas for shelving in our alcoves (we went for reclaimed wood shelves around fireplace) no attempts at 'up selling' and did the job in less time than he estimated, at a very reasonable price. Trustworthy and top quality work - I'm happy to recommend him. Mobile: 07949 640999.

Posted by buntytrumpet 17 March, 2014 09:20

I can also recommend Phillip Quinn as professional, highly skilled and very pleasant to have working in ones home. He has done fitted wardrobes, decking, cupboards, flooring, ceilings, walls and our loft. If you'd like to see pics or have further questions happy for you to message me.

Posted by milou 20 March, 2014 08:28

Phil Quinn just finished fitting our walnut floor, excellent quality and service. Very happy and would highly recommend.

messageRe:Excellent Carpenter Recommendation
Posted by TaraLF 03 April, 2014 07:45

I can highly recommend Greg Bramwell, who has just completed various jobs for me.

Greg made and fitted some floating shelves for the living room, made and fitted new thresholds for the doorways, hung doors to all rooms, made shelving for a cupboard and boxed in exposed pipework.

The biggest job that Greg did for us was to fit our kitchen. He has fitted it beautifully and at half the price quoted by the company we purchased the kitchen from.

Greg is reliable, trustworthy (we gave him our key and left him to it while we went to work)and a genuinely nice guy. We will definitely contact Greg for any other jobs we need.

Greg recommended various people to get the work done in our flat. He made all of the arrangements for the electrician, tiler and gas fitter to come to the property, which took the pressure away from us. Dave the electrician and Oral the tiler/plasterer were also fantastic.

If you need any work done contact Greg!

Posted by gbbespoke fitters 11 May, 2014 00:55

What...??

--------------------
g bramwell

messageRe: Re:Excellent Carpenter Recommendation
Posted by Kaz64 06 June, 2014 11:33

Hello carpenter
I see you have good recommendations from excellent high quality work.
I would like to see examples of your work, I would like some wardrobes fitting.
Look forward to hearing from you ASAP.

Posted by gbbespoke fitters 06 June, 2014 12:51

Www.gbbespokefitters.com my website.

--------------------
g bramwell

Posted by Ruth1 19 July, 2014 14:38

Another recommendation for Greg! We have just had built-in alcove cupboards and floating shelves put in in our front room/study. We got the recommendation to use Greg from this forum and are so pleased with the results and with the process of working with Greg I wanted to add to the already long list of recommendations for him on this forum. Details:

Tel: 07949 640999
Email: enquiries@gbbespokefitters.com

We have a baby on the way imminently and Greg and team worked hard to ensure the job was finished in time for us to relax and get ready for the new arrival!He also had a whole team of contacts to bring in as needed to plaster, decorate and other things we wanted doing in that room. All of them were excellent and it made my busy life so much easier not to have to track down different people for each element. Greg was always happy to go the extra mile and from the beginning had loads of very effective design suggestions which particularly as a new home owner I wouldn't have come up with by myself. Excellent results combining a modern/clean finish with sensitivity to our Victorian terrace house, and we feel we have had value for money. Very happy customer. We will be using him again.

Posted by mrsbee 16 September, 2014 20:51

Another recommendation for Greg. He has just fitted some built-in alcove cupboards in our front room and are perfect - just what I was after.

He spent a good bit of time working out exactly what I was after and what he could do and also was fine with some last minute changes from me.

He was very reliable, turning up exactly when he said, tidied up after himself every day, trustworthy and all in all a nice bloke to have around.

Vary happy with the price as well. I'm sure we will be using him again.

Posted by Camberg 18 September, 2014 14:47

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit was 2014:09:19:09:17:20 by Camberg.

Posted by vgj1981 30 December, 2014 21:12

Another reccomenation for Greg. We only needed a small job done: some new shelves for an existing unit and some new floating shelves but we still received excellent service. Greg was easy to get hold of and deal with, gave good advice, did a good job and left everything clean and tidy. And the shelves look brilliant. We'd definitely use him again for future jobs.

Posted by DOTE 27 April, 2015 08:58

Greg has just done another job for us and we're really pleased with the results - this time it was a fitted wardrobe in an alcove to the side of a fireplace chimney. It looks great and provides us with some much needed storage space in the corner of the room, and looks much better than a standalone bit of furniture. As ever Greg came up with a very reasonable quote, was a pleasure to have round the house and left no mess at all. We are so taken with the results that we're going to get him back to do some more cupboards in the kitchen so if you want to get hold of him get in quick!

Posted by gbbespoke fitters 22 August, 2015 21:57

Just want to say thanks to THE E. D. F team and all the people that I've had the pleasure of working for. Greg

--------------------
g bramwell

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Back to top of page
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Donate                   Terms of use                  Help & FAQs                   Advertise               RSS rss feed               Copyright 2006 - 2018 East Dulwich Forum