Can anyone recommend a plumber?

natalee54

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone could recommend a plumber in the area. I have had a bad experience in the past with plumbers and so am really looking for someone who comes highly recommended.

I need 3 radiators reconnected to my heating system and my boiler serviced.

If anyone could help, I would be very grateful.

Thanks,

Natalie

I also really recommend John 07977 909339. Reliable, honest and knows what he's doing - as verified by my brother who is also a plumber by trade. He came over at the time he said he was going to and cares about doing a good job at a good price.

Thumbs up to honest tradesmen!(tu)

Just used Maurice on the strength of the forum's recommendations. What a star. had infinite patience with a blockage in the plumbing from hell in our kitchen. Persevered over the course of 2 days and was extremely reasonable and a true gent.

Just used Maurice who sorted a leaking stop cock, job turned out to more difficult and time consuming than first imagined but he got it sorted with no fuss and stuck by his original quote.

Very fairly priced and a pleasant chap, will use again and can definitely recommend.

Hi

I've lived in east Dulwich for 5 years and I have always used Jeremy at www.greengage.me.UK. His mobile is 07920 045 292.

He has moved radiators, installed a new boiler and even come out on Christmas eve to fix a burst pipe. He also fitted our bathroom. He is approachable and reliable, does high quality work and is always happy to help and advise.

He does a lot of work for new builds so his work is good and he will always try to fit you in.

Whenever we have used others it has been a disaster so he comes highly recommended.

I am afraid I must withdraw my recommendation of Mourad of MK Heating and Plumbing. I discovered the day after his service that I had neither heat nor hot water. After attempting to telephone, text and email Mourad all day, he eventually phoned that night to say he could do nothing about the problem as he was in Nigeria. Although his situation was understandable and perhaps even forgivable, the accusation that he levelled at me was certainly not, and caused me a great deal of distress, particularly as I was not well.

I then telephoned John (07977 909399) who, although booked for the evening, came round at about 11pm and sorted out the problem with no difficulty and at a much more reasonable price. It appeared that Mourad had not finished the job properly and this had caused the problem. The boiler had in fact given me no problems for many years and was working perfectly before Mourad serviced it, except for an unfamiliar noise, which is why I had decided to have the service.

I was really impressed by the professionalism, competence and friendliness of John and his assistant. I shall certainly be using their services in the future.

From the recommendations in this thread, I contacted Maurice. I want to recommend him HIGHLY. I often feel nervous about choosing a tradesman, because I don't feel I know enough about the jobs to be done to feel confident that I'm being charged the right amount, that the job's being done properly etc. Anyway, Maurice was extremely helpful, a lovely manner, reasonably priced, and fixed the leaking toilet brilliantly, as well as sorting out a few little problems with the mechanism in the tank that I hadn't noticed. I will certainly be using him again! Thanks, everyone, for the recommendation.

I also highly recommend John. He went to fix my elderly mother's blocked sink and not only is he very good at his job, he is a very nice man. We will definitely call on his services again. His mobile number is 07977909339

Judie

• 2 weeks later...