Forum Sponsors

http://www.gardenia-gardens.com

http://www.elwyns.com/

https://www.gokayfitness.com/class

Advertise here

The East Dulwich Forum
Would you recommend your East Dulwich doctor, dentist or butcher?
Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
messageBlocked Drains
Posted by Greg Holme 13 December, 2011 20:34

Anyone got a recommendation for a reasonable and reliable company to unblock a drain?

thanks a lot

Greg

messageRe: Blocked Drains
Posted by nic32 13 December, 2011 22:18

The london water board recently sent out a leaflet saying that main drainage was now their remit.

I do not know what your particular problem is, but I would call them first and see if they can help. I should be free if it is main drainage/waste issues. Maybe!!

Nic

Posted by Peckham native 14 December, 2011 08:33

If you do still need a drain company Drainclear are the best 020 8650 2003. Reasonably priced

Posted by Boots 14 December, 2011 11:53

I used Don The Drain - 07973 370 956. He was cheaper than others I spoke to/met and did a very efficient job.

Posted by bonbon1979 10 October, 2012 14:31

Hi This is the wrong phone number for drainclear its not 020 8650 2003 its 0208 467 7007 or 0800 243 747
used them for my CCTV survey on the drain for my house purchase very resonable price and quick service

Matt

Posted by rememberwhen 10 October, 2012 21:03

I can also recommend Don the Drain.
He is first class and once when I called him he told me that Thames Water would do it for free as it was a shared drain.
He was right, they did it free.

Posted by Gimme 25 October, 2012 20:45

Great recommendation for Don the Drain - based on the above we got him to clear out kitchen piping which was blocked. He was very professional, sorted the problem efficiently and gave advice on how to prevent next time.

Posted by Cpt Bishbosh 17 August, 2013 12:51

Having relied on this forum for a reputable company to inspect a leak from our drainpipes I was very pleased with Jon's work and can highly recommend him. He was very knowledgeable and had suspected the leak was a blockage. This job was not for the fainthearted and he and his son resolved the issue through rodding pipes, cctv inspection and cleaning up well.

If your needing someone to inspect your drains - drainpipes and sewage pipes Jon is the guy you need. Very reasonable rates too.

Heres Jon's number- 07771586759 and e-mails is drainsandmains@outlook.com

Posted by ladyblue 18 August, 2013 12:54

try dave from down the drain 0208 314 5244 hope he can help

Posted by Tommy1000 19 August, 2013 10:13

I would second Cpt Bishbosh's recommendation for Jon (drainsandmains), one of the best and most reasonable tradespeople I've dealt with.

Posted by klove 28 October, 2013 09:22

Another recommendation for Dave from Down the Drain 0208 314 5244. He fixed a problem toilet that baffled three other plumbers in about twenty minutes!

Posted by SierraWhiskey 21 November, 2013 17:47

I can recommend Dave from Down the Drain, he sorted my drains out which had been blocked for ages very quickly and flushed lots of lovely disinfectant down them, to get rid of the dreadful smell. He was extremely responsive and came over within 4 hours of calling.
His charges are extremely reasonable.

Call him on 07919107868 or 0208 314 5244

Posted by reren 22 January, 2014 11:44

Another thumbs up for Dave from down the drain - came quickly didn't charge too much and was really nice guy. Recommend

Posted by elr 09 February, 2014 11:30

Just had Jon from drains and mains after being recommended on here. He came over on a Sunday to help fix my blocked drains. His persistence meant the water was back flowing after less than an hour of being here (something dynorod failed to do). He is very reasonably priced and a great chap to boot. Thanks to the forum for putting me on to him.

Posted by lastminute.mum 12 February, 2014 12:42

I called Jon on Monday. He came round within half an hour and cleared our blocked drain immediately.

Nice guy, very helpful, sound advice, good rates.

Jon's number- 07771 586759

Posted by lulu1 09 June, 2014 08:31

I would like to recommend Dave from Down the Drain. We had a blocked outside drain, this seems to happen every few years. So far we've always had a well known company in, charging us a small fortune. Thought I'd try Dave. He arrived at the time we agreed, did the job and his prices are extremely competitive. Very nice guy as well! Highly recommended.

His phone number: 07919 107868 or 020 83145244

Posted by peleparso 23 June, 2014 11:49

Big shout for Jon from me too. Came around within the hour and fixed the problem. Good rates too.

Posted by vgj1981 01 July, 2014 12:58

Another vote for Dave from Down The Drain. Our drains issue was much more complicated than it seemed at the outset. Dave was really clear about what needed doing, did the job well and charged a very reasonable rate for the amount of work that was required. Lovely chap too. Highly recommended.

Posted by FriendsOfTheTerrapin 23 July, 2014 12:06

Can recommend Don The Drain - polite, friendly, and knows his stuff.

Unblocked years of debris from our shared rainwater drain and checked everything was flowing properly all in just under an hour! Turned up on time and stuck to his original quote of £80.

Would recommend to other ED Forum members.

Don The Drain is on 0793 370956 or 0208 677 3062

Posted by sparklehorse 31 August, 2014 06:13

Another recommend for Jon. He came around very promptly, fixed the problem quickly and the price was very reasonable. Thank you, and thanks to all who recommended.

Posted by redjam 01 October, 2014 12:03

Happy to recommend Dave from Down the Drain: 0208 314 5244 / 07919 107868. He phoned me back when he said he would and came out quickly, and sorted our problem quickly and efficiently. Nice guy, too - gave me advice that will save me money in future!

Posted by wharto 08 November, 2014 14:16

Dave from Down the drain is brilliant, reliable, reasonably priced, great at his job and thoroughly nice guy. you can get him on 07919107868 or 0208 314 5244. sorted out my drains this week. thoroughly recommended.

Posted by Gumplock 07 January, 2015 09:05

We also used Dave from Down the Drain based on recommendations here and we were very happy. Quick, cost conscious and most importantly fixed the problem.

Posted by Grumblebum 08 January, 2015 13:33

Another recommendation for Dave from Down The Drain. I originally called him a few months ago for a problem that, rather embarrassingly, resolved itself before he arrived. But despite the fact that he had spent half an hour looking for our flat in Tulse Hill ( I am rubbish at giving directions) and then found he had no job to do once he got there, he refused to charge any call out fee and offered my husband advise that would mean we could fix things ourselves next time.

I called him last Friday afternoon about a blocked kitchen drain, he came around first thing on Saturday morning and the problem was resolved within half an hour.

Dave is fast, efficient, very fairly priced and just a very nice guy. We feel very secure knowing if our drains start messing around we will have Dave to help us out. smiling smiley

Posted by LUVED 13 January, 2015 19:21

I called Dave from Down the Drain on Monday with a blocked kitchen outflow pipe after recommendations on here and also a plumber. Came this morning at 7.30 and had it fixed within 15 minutes with no bother, fuss or mess.

Very polite and professional gentleman who I wouldn't hesitate to recommend if you are unfortunate enough to have blocked pipes/drains.

Posted by Amoralia 11 May, 2016 15:12

Don't bother with drainclear- NOT impressed, I booked an appointment between 1-2pm, it's now 3.30 and they haven't showed up, even though I've called and asked to be notified. Poor.

Posted by chrisandz 21 May, 2016 11:55

There are a lot of diy methods for unclogging drains. The easiest method is to just flush the drain with boiling water. What I normally use is a mixture of salt and baking soda.Take about ½ cup of salt and then about ½ cup of baking soda and then pour it down the blocked drain. You could use baking soda and vinegar or even bleach. Here’s a blog that mentions some safe chemical free diy methods to unblock your drains([www.brothersplumbing.ca]).

Posted by dp106 08 November, 2016 19:48

Dave from Down the Drain came today to sort out my blocked loo. He sorted it right away. He was very prompt at returning my call and to make arrangements for coming over. I would HIGHLY RECOMMEND them. Only charged me £45. Very reasonable. [down-the-drain.co.uk]. 020 8314 5244.

Posted by tmcoleman 11 November, 2016 18:28

Big recommendation for Dave Down the Drain. He came to us quickly when we had an emergency sewage drain problem and fitted us in around existing booked work because he saw what a bad (and emotional!) state we were in. He was very knowledgeable and just an all round great guy. So grateful to him for helping us out and getting it sorted. He's the sort of guy who goes the extra mile for his customers. Thank you!

Posted by Redfox663 24 November, 2016 20:34

Also would recommend Dave from Down the Drain. We had a serious issue with our waste pipe and Dave responded quickly, gave clear and accurate quotes and most importantly, sorted the problem out for us. Wouldn't hesitate to use him again.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Back to top of page
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Donate                   Terms of use                  Help & FAQs                   Advertise               RSS rss feed               Copyright 2006 - 2018 East Dulwich Forum