Where to have a wedding reception in East Dulwich?

brain_opera

I got engaged over Christmas and am looking for somewhere to have our wedding reception!

We have our own DJ, the only requirement is that we can have some food (a buffet is fine) for about 40 people, and that we can have our first dance.

I'm a student nurse so we really do not have a big budget, it would need to come in under ?1000 (which is the absolute limit).

Help! It is all boggling my mind.

Don't think so, not sure. If you speak to the lady in the Irish shop next door, she knows the booking information for the hall. The hall is connected to the Thomas More Church, by the library. They have classes at the hall, and I know there have been recent events at the hall. I have fond memories of the hall, and spent many a night dancing to the Irish bands. >:D

Le Chandelier can be hired for parties and wedding receptions. I had my 40th Birthday party there and was really happy with everything.

The food was amazing (Buffet) and I couldn't fault the service.

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

Amanda

Hi there and congratulations!

We're also looking for wedding venues, even though we're not getting married until 2014, we're forward planning and saving! (wages are no better once you have qualified as a nurse, believe me!)

Have just spotted a lovely looking pub in Herne Hill, the Prince Regent. I know it's not Lordship Lane or quite East Dulwich but it looks lovely and is not too far away. Think we will be going to take a look :0)

Hi, We got married at Beauberry House in Gallery Road near the Dulwich Picture Library recently. It's very reasonable and you can have use of the entire premises. We had the reception upstairs then dinner downstairs. The restaurant holds 60 people. Then back upstairs into another room for music. You can bring your own DJ. Rates very good, food excellent.

Beauberry house looks lovely, I want to get married there, not sure about the cost though?

have you tried the East Dulwich Tavern (EDT)? They've got a large area above the pub - The Lodge.

Re The Prince Regent... ahh how I miss that pub (we used to live round the corner from it), that might be a good option, my boyfriend had his 30th there in the upstairs rooms and it's close to Brixton and Herne Hill so good for transport for people coming to and from your reception.

Let us know how you get on!

Tara

P.S. congratulations!

You could try The Roebuck on Great Dover St. I hired the upstairs room for my 40th. You have to put down a deposit of ?50 but you get this back if they make ?300 or over at the bar on the night. I had my own DJ etc and we bought drinks and bar food there. Everything went tickety boo on the night. The room itself is lovely: large, self-contained, chandelier . . . depends how many guests you've got coming, I 'spose but made for an inexpensive and pleasant night. Congrats and have fun!

• 1 year later...

ireayas Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Firstly congrats for the wedding! You can go for

> santa monica wedding venues which are nice to plan

> the wedding in a very interesting way.

Yes, I think your spammy post about venues in California will be really useful to the OP.

Nothing else to add except that I second some of the pubs - I work in the wedding industry and love a good pub wedding.