Chimney Sweep - any recommendations?

brewski

Hi

We've had 123 Chimnney Sweeps around today and I was very pleased with his service. The chap's name is Alan, 020 8668 9914, 07956 385112, check out his website, they've been going since the 1870's! Very friendly and tidy and lots of advice if you need it. Definitely recommended.

Phil from Mr. Jolly was great. Really knowledgable (we just moved into this flat and knew nothing about wood-stoves or the care of them - he was really informative along with cleaning our chimney!). I recommend his service. (thanks to David, the ED Forum member who suggested him to us!)

• 2 weeks later...

Give 1.2.3 Chimney Sweeps a call on 020 8668 9914 or check out their web site wwww.123chimneysweeps.co.uk

Our family have used them in south London for donkeys years I've recommended him before on EDF and others highly recommend him, his names Alan Naish and there's nothing he doesn't know about chimneys!!!

We too used 123 Chimney Sweeps - Alan Naish - last week, very helpful, polite and clean. Knows his stuff!

Whoever you go for just make sure they're a member of one of the chimney sweep assocations.

Now, where best in ED to buy smokeless or real coke? I picked up a 10kg bag of smokeless from the firestation on Old Kent Road, at ?8 - no idea if that's reasonable?

• 1 month later...

Ah, thread resurrection. If anyone read my old post wondering where to buy cheap coal, I ended up using CPL (search coals2u); ?15 for ?25kg of Homefire smokeless. Minimum order was ?50 and they deliver bagged or unbagged to your shed/coal bunker/garage.

Marginally cheaper than the petrol stations but worth it for the delivery alone. Probably less damp as well.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

Alan Naish visited me this morning and swept my chimney prior to installation of a stove.

As well as doing a thorough job, he gave me plenty of useful advice which will save me a lot in the near future.

He commented about how busy he gets just before Christmas so maybe it's best to contact him during the summer, his quieter period. That's my plan anyway!

Another very satisfied customer.

Graham

• 2 weeks later...

On the above recommendations I used 123 Chimney Sweeps this morning. Alan was punctual, pleasant, clean and tidy and did a thorough job, pointing out crumbling mortar and gave useful advice as well as an accredited certificate. A good company.

I would recommend and use again.

I would like to also recommend Alan at 123 Chimney Sweeps who was so quick, helpful and did a fantastic job. I don't think our chimneys had been swept for over 50 years and it must have been quite a challenge!

Tel:

07956 385 112

0208 668 9914