Forum Sponsors

www.jhphysio.com

https://urbanistarchitecture.co.uk/free-architect-consultation/

www.takeflightacademy.co.uk

Advertise here

The East Dulwich Forum
The Bishop, The EDT, The Great Exhibition, the Actress or another?
Goto Page: Previous12345
Current Page: 5 of 5
messageRe: Fully qualified and certified part p electrician registered with NAPIT
Posted by Namster March 28, 09:29PM

I wouldnít hesitate to recommend Grant 07706 755155. We missed each other by phone a few times but once we hooked up he came round one evening to sort ridiculous amount of unused wires whilst my decorator was around. He then took out an old alarm and advised on new wired smoke alarms which he came round and installed later that week. Whilst he was there he fixed a few switches and plug points and then came back and installed some new light fittings. Good price too. Thoroughly friendly guy and will certainly use him again and recommend him to friends.

messageRe: Fully qualified and certified part p electrician registered with NAPIT
Posted by prosinger April 15, 09:42AM

I can not recommend Grant. Grant came quickly for a quote, but never came back to do the work when called. He has done one minor job, but all the others are remaining. Whenever I ring him, Grant says he will come the next day or a few days ahead, but never shows up. I would avoid if you need the work done reliably and quickly, and don't want to wait around for missed appointments.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit was april 15, 04:10pm by prosinger.

Posted by richardlawes April 17, 05:37PM

I would really recommend Clive and Grant! I called them having seen the glowing reviews on East Dulwich Forum to come hang a pendant light in my dining room. They came round that evening to do the job, charged a very fair price and paid a lot of attention to detail. They even fixed a dodgy light in the sitting room for no extra charge! They were both extremely professional and did a decent job - I'll be using them again!

Posted by tunneldonk April 20, 10:37AM

I can also recommend Grant, and Clive. They installed a nest for me, and helped out with a myriad of electrical issues in my house. I did have one missed appointment, probably due to their busy schedule and vehicle issues they were facing. But all in all, good quality work and friendly guys, so I would definitely use again.

Posted by char1i3 May 21, 10:25AM

I had an annoying experience using C&G. I had to chase them to come back to finish the job which included four days of me ringing Grant with no response. A one day job turned into roughly two weeks of chasing them. The invoice ended up higher than the quote because of "extras" which were supposed to be included. They asked me to pay for cable up front and asked me to pay the balance of the work before the job was finished. The tenant in the flat they worked in described them as messy. To top all this when I expressed my frustration Clive started ranting at me and stormed off in a strop.

EDIT: Following this review I have now had a threatening phone call and insults from Grant.

Charlie

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit was may 21, 10:31am by char1i3.

Posted by Jollymolly June 27, 09:46PM

Grant is an incredibly talented electrician who takes an enormous amount of pride in his work. He rewired our new flat including spotlights in most rooms. The work was done to a high standard to which Grant ensured all work was completed to our requested requirements, despite him having to wait a few months while we finished decorating, before he could come back and finish his work.
We also had a problem with the mains electricity which was due to the old mains wiring to the flat which had caused the main fuse to blow leaving us without electricity, Grant came round very quickly to look at the problem despite him having to come after he'd finished his work during the day. Grant is an honest, hardworking and reliable electrician that I would not hesitate to recommend to anyone.
He is fully registered and issued a part p certificate on completion.
His number is:
Grant 07706755155

Posted by hclo June 30, 12:11PM

Another recommendation for C&G. Grant helped us out at short notice with some small but important electrical problems at our house. He was punctual, polite, figured out the problem and sorted it out quickly and was reasonably priced. We will be using him again.

Posted by dulwichquine July 07, 06:30PM

Just wanted to add my recommendation for Clive. We had a tricky set of patio lights to replace. He researched the spec and came up with a solution. Bravo. Very pleased and would definitely use again.

Posted by skylorikeet July 09, 01:58PM

I had been told by my ovenís manufacturer that it needed rewiring and I should find an electrician. Clive came out quickly and explained how there really wasnít an issue with an oven thatís been working perfectly for 13 years and told me to save my money as nothing needed doing. He wouldnít charge me a call-out fee so Iím leaving a recommendation here as, even though he hasnít actually done any work, I have benefited from his expertise. Thanks Clive!

Edited to add Clive's number: 07831349332

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit was july 09, 03:06pm by skylorikeet.

Posted by BM13 July 11, 04:11PM

Unfortunately we also had an annoying experience with C&G: no show twice after agreeing to come around.

Posted by southlondonlynn July 31, 11:58AM

Very mixed views in this forum about C&G. I contacted them in August 2018. No response from them until September. Eventually arranged a date for them to estimate for various tasks. They turned up very late and we had to reschedule. Got an estimate which included some optional items. Confirmed the items I wanted to go ahead with and asked for an updated estimate. A month later they gave me a total price, so I asked for a breakdown. Never heard from them again. In the meantime I searched the NAPIT website and they don't seem to be registered. I'll be looking for another electrician who can certify their own work.

Posted by IainB14 August 08, 05:39PM

Clive of C&G has fixed a number of problems at our house in West Dulwich - very efficient, responsive to texts, friendly and reasonable charges. Highly recommended. His mobile is ‭‭‭07831 349332.

Posted by Jollymolly September 23, 01:45AM

Hi Guys, thank you again for fixing the electrics at my in-laws place on short notice! They are very happy with your help and asked me to post on their behalf!
Thanks
Mollz
Grant 07706755155

Posted by BTR September 29, 06:44PM

We had a very poor experience with Grant.

Grant and Clive have completed a few electrical works for us and whilst the work itself was good, the poor service really outweighed it and meant that we really can't recommend them.

Grant didn't show for our appointment twice. My partner and I had to call and text him all day and he never replied. We had already pre-paid over £100 for some of the work he was set to do, so this was awful service and quite concerning.

On another occasion when he was late we had to continually chase him on the phone, even ringing his Dad (Clive) to get hold of him. In this scenario Clive was sent to complete the work instead of Grant and well over an hour later than our appointment. Whilst the work was good it was hugely frustrating as we had to explain the jobs again.

One job that Grant had told us previously was possible and was set to complete in this appointment, Clive told us wasn't possible and would need further testing before we could determine what could be done. This was really inconvenient for us as Grant had made it sound like a quick and easy job.

Whilst the pair are perfectly nice and completed the work well, the service was so unreliable and poor that we wouldn't work with them again.

Goto Page: Previous12345
Current Page: 5 of 5

Back to top of page
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Donate                   Terms of use                  Help & FAQs                   Advertise               RSS rss feed               Copyright 2006 - 2018 East Dulwich Forum