FOUND: Dog in One Tree Hill forest, no collar/tags

bessieandco

There is a collarless black and white whippet-type dog at the top of One Tree Hill. (Friday, 11.30am-ish) He is definitely on his own and seems quite frightened. I couldn't really get near him, but will try going back later without my own dog and with a collar and lead to try and catch him if he is still there.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit was 2017:12:31:12:59:20 by sheilarose.

Options: Reply To This Message?Quote This Message?Reply via Private Message (PM)?Follow This Thread?Report This Message

messageRe: Dog on One Tree Hill

Posted by civilservant 29 December, 2017 20:34

Hi, Sheila rose, hope you (and the dog) were lucky and he's now safe thanks to you?

Options: Reply To This Message?Quote This Message?Reply via Private Message (PM)?Follow This Thread?Report This Message

Posted by first mate 30 December, 2017 07:45

Any more news on this dog? Thanks for trying SR.

Posted by sheilarose 31 December, 2017 12:58

We couldn't find him when we went back, but he was there again this morning. He didn't look as if he had been sleeping out for two nights, though. As I was discussing what to do about him with other walkers, someone from one of the houses that back on to One Tree Hill called, and he promptly ran off through the trees and disappeared through the fence. Seems as if he lives there and just pops out to play or to warn other dogs off his patch.

From decking, fencing & paving to general garden maintenance - call 07725 584 253 to discuss your garden requirementsSponsored link

Posted by civilservant 31 December, 2017 14:06

a lifestyle to be envied, that dog! thanks for the reassuring update, SR, and a happy new year!

Posted by first mate 31 December, 2017 20:09

SR I echo civilservant. Good to know the dog is safe. HNY!

Posted by sheilarose January 01, 01:08PM

Happy new year to you both.

messageRe: Dog on One Tree Hill -- mystery solved

Posted by mfdesign January 22, 01:28PM

Hi all,

I have been alerted to this thread as I posted almost the identical one this morning. I spent almost an hour trying to catch and help this dog. @Sheila Rose, did you ever find out which house he belonged to? Would love to know he's safe now...

Last saw him last night, but he seems very disorientated and unsure of where he was etc. Not much road sense...

Posted by sheilarose January 23, 05:42PM

No, I didn't make a note of the exact garden he disappeared into. I go to One Tree Hill most days, and haven't seen him since. I was there twice today and no sign of him so I am guessing he is safely home again.

White Edge Landscape Services in East Dulwich - We are specialized in garden fencing, paving, patio, shed and decking installation.Sponsored link

Posted by bonniebird January 23, 09:27PM

There was a leggy black, white and tan dog running around on One Tree Hill quite a while back, it was on here a couple of times, I thought it was the Spanish Bodeguero. I wonder if its the same dog?

Posted by sheilarose January 24, 03:16AM

I have just googled Spanish Bodeguero to see what they look like and yes, it could very well be the same dog. What happened about it last time, do you know?

Posted by sheilarose January 24, 11:44AM

This morning I tried to take a closer look at the fence where the dog seemed to come from, but the wind started blowing like an express train and I gave up before finding any obvious gaps. The dog probably lives in one of the houses in One Tree Close that back on to One Tree Hill.

Posted by bonniebird January 24, 08:03PM

Hi ya, pretty much the same story, the thread is on here somewhere. He was loose on One Tree Hill or Brenchly Gardens a few times, maybe 6 months ago. Someone posted a photo of him which is how I knew the breed.

Posted by sheilarose January 29, 05:30PM

I found a hole in the fence which has been carefully filled in with stones, so I guess the little escape artist is, at least for now, grounded.

The above are previous posts about this dog, hope you found his owner.

Thanks so much for this. Very interesting. I managed to catch him and found his owners thanks to a helpful neighbour ? they live at the very end of One Tree Close. They didn't even ask where or when I had found him, so I suppose he must go missing quite often. In my opinion they're incredibly foolish for not making sure he wears a collar at all times.

If you see him again, his name is Jasper. To return him, go to One Tree Close, then up the stairs at the very end of the path. His owner is a brunette woman on the ground floor.

Personally I would take him to the vet and allow the authorities to get involved this poor dog has been running around on his own for far too long and it?s only time before either an accident happens or the poor thing is killed or worse taken by some unscrupulous person for something nasty.

I hear you, Michelle ? I can't imagine letting my own dog run loose in the woods unsupervised like that with that busy road nearby. I gave the owner quite a stern talking to about the inconvenience she causes her neighbours and the distress she causes her dog with her irresponsible behaviour. I just hope she'll learn her lesson before tragedy strikes.

• 2 years later...
Dog in one tree hill forest, No collar. Here is not all of those people whom we focus. We all are waiting to find tree because due to more Assignment Geek population it is wrong when we not see tree. Smoke increase population but tree quantity is less here.

• 2 weeks later...
Dog in one tree hill forest, No collar. Here are not all of those people whom we focus on. We all are waiting to find a tree because due to more Assignment Geek population it is wrong when we did not see a tree. Smoke increases population but tree quantity is less here.