Lost looking male tabby Chadwick Rd

KateS

I may be being over the top, but I am a cat lover and know my neighbourhood cats well, and this fellow seemed lost.

This cat was spotted just now around the upper section of Chadwick Rd, photographed through the fence of the Print Village units.

I haven?t seen him around here before (pretty sure it?s a him), and he seemed to want to be friendly but also quite nervous, making me feel he may have wandered too far from home and be lost.

Lovely markings around eyes, and a thick bottle brush striped tail.

Hello. We've been missing our grey silver tabby for 8 weeks now from near Lordship Lane. The cat in your photo looks a lot like him although I can't see whether he has a small white patch on his upper chest which is the distinguishing mark on our cat. I'm attaching a photo here. His name is Muta. He was friendly with us but nervous outside (we didn't let him out the front but he got out somehow...). We miss him so much.

Hi Mutasmum, I?m so sorry Muta is missing. I don?t think that he is the cat I saw, from your photo his fur looks very soft and silvery, the cat I saw looked a bit older and his fur was a little more coarse and brown.

I do hope Muta comes home!

Best wishes,

Kate

Thanks for getting back to me, Kate. Yes, it was hard to tell the cat's actual colour in the photos you posted. Also the markings on the top of his head look darker than Muta's. The bushy tail didn't sound right either but tails bush up when they're rattled! Muta is small for an adult male so looks young, but he's 5 years old. Oh well, we'll keep hoping he turns up. Thanks again for taking time to post and respond.

Best wishes,

Anne