Forum Sponsors

www.dulwichcarpetcompany.co.uk

www.bramly.co.uk

www.takeflightacademy.co.uk

Advertise here

The East Dulwich Forum
Which pubs, bars, restaurants and take-aways do you avoid?
messageLost black/brown/grey tabby catattachment
Posted by ravababes July 19, 12:04PM

My 8yr old tabby cat Magic went missing from Brookstone Court on Monday night after falling out of my 3rd floor window onto tarmac whilst I was out with my dog so he would be injured. Heís neutered but not microchipped as heís never wanted to go out. Heís got a distinctive white stripe on his face from his mouth to eyebrows that looks like an upside down question mark. Heís very friendly. Has anyone seen/found him?

Attachments: 1B009846-A115-4725-A25B-77299A6B128A.jpeg (259.3KB)  
messageRe: Lost black/brown/grey tabby cat
Posted by kiera July 20, 03:40AM

My friend's cat fell from a second floor window onto tarmac - he then found the nearest place where he could safely hide and stayed there.
I don't think your cat will have gone very far at all - they are very clever at finding hiding places. He's probably not only shocked and hurt from the fall, but also afraid because he's in an unfamiliar environment, if he's not used to going out. I would think it's most likely that he's lying low nearby. My friend's cat was missing for some time, but hadn't left the estate. He was found hiding in a flower bed. He wasn't injured.

Posted by ravababes July 20, 05:36AM

Thank you. Iíve been searching the area plus checking with vets, places like Battersea cats n dogs home, RSPCA etc and a vet receptionist suggested posting on here. Also put up posters and getting everyone I can ask to keep an eye out for him as well.. even taking his sister out in the pet carrier cos theyíre normally inseparable n got told that might work but nothing tet

Posted by Pugwash July 20, 04:19PM

One of our cats was injured whilst exploring a garden at the back of us, she found herself trapped under some loose bricks but managed to crawl into our neighbour's garden where we found her the next day. Unfortunately had broken all the toes in one of her hind legs and ended up having her leg amputated. Was quicker on 3 legs than had been on 4. Lived until she was around 15 but had to be put down due to cancer.

Whereabouts is Brookstone Court - I know I have seen it but cannot place it.

Posted by ravababes July 20, 05:13PM

Hi thanks at least she survived though. Brookstone Court is between the junction of Peckham Rye/Nunhead Lane and Solomonís Passage... itís a big cream and red brick block about halfway down

Posted by ravababes July 26, 08:46PM

Just to let everyone know he was found on Nunhead Lane just now and I have him safe at home again

Posted by sjw July 26, 09:02PM

Thats great is he ok?

Posted by ravababes July 26, 10:19PM

Thank you yes heís really thin and starving and really clingy but a few days will change that. Otherwise heís fine, Iíve just bathed him and given both my cats plus my dog flea tablets as heís riddled with fleas. Over the moon to have him back though!!

Posted by hpsaucey July 26, 10:44PM

Thatís brilliant news- so pleased for you! Thanks for taking the time to update here.

HP

Posted by ravababes July 26, 10:48PM

Thank you and youíre welcome

Posted by turtle July 27, 07:46AM

Fantastic news, I met you when you were searching and you said how much his sister was missing him, so glad you are all reunited and he isn't injured.

Posted by ravababes July 27, 08:32AM

Thank you yes I remember talking to you, you said the name Magic resonates because you know someone else with a cat named Magic?

Back to top of page
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Donate                   Terms of use                  Help & FAQs                   Advertise               RSS rss feed               Copyright 2006 - 2018 East Dulwich Forum