Phone snatched right out of my hand (Lordship Ln / Zenoria St)

TayCee

Hi all,

I just wanted to make you all aware of what just happened to me.

I was walking along Lordship Ln and while crossing Zenoria St a motorcycle with 2 people almost ran me over and then literally snatched my phone right out of my hands (earphones in my ears and all). considering it all happened within a split second I assume this is their thing and they will likely keep doing this.

Maybe this is just me being new to London and you may all already be aware but still.

Just wanted to warn everyone to keep your phones close to you when crossing the road or motorcycles are getting too close...

PS: also, yes, I'm okay, blocked my SIM and secured everything via Google, I'm just shaken and pretty pissed off because I don't exactly have ?500 lying around for a new phone. and as a hobby photographer, mourning all the amazing pictures I took when I first came to East Dulwich in autumn.

Sorry this has happened to you and hope you're ok. The motorcycle gangs are looking out for people on their phones and with earphones in (so oblivious to what's going on in their surroundings!) and I always warn anyone I know with earphones in to be aware of what's going on around them. The motorcycle gangs have been pretty rife in East Dulwich over the past year or two and I'm not sure what local Police have been doing to keep on top of it.

yeah I'm ok. I usually try to be aware of my surroundings, I wasn't listening to anything, just had them still in from a phone call that had ended minutes before this happened. but I wasn't paying attention to the road because I needed to add a reminder for something so I wouldn't forget. a split second was all it took. I'll be reporting it tomorrow just to make sure they know it's happened again. lesson learned, I guess. the hard way.

Yes please report it tomorrow and not let these low lifes get away with it. I witnessed a couple of mopeds in action around a year ago in East Dulwich and off one of the side streets. They are very sophisticated and don't care what happens to normal people going about their daily life.

This (almost) happened to me, though nearer London Bridge. I somehow managed to keep hold of the phone, so wondered if I should report it. But the police took it quite seriously and sent someone to take a full statement. I guess they are able to establish patterns and possible offenders with the info? I used the Southwark police website to report the incident. Really sorry this happened to you!

Hi,

Phoning 101 is the way to report non-emergency issues (999 for police/fire/ambulance emergencies). Sometimes you can be on hold for a long time, so I have reported non-urgent crime/issues online at: https://www.met.police.uk/ro/report/ocr/how-to-report-a-crime/

I'm glad yoy are OK. Like all cities we have our fair share of crimes and at the moment moped muggings seem to be prevalent throughout London.