STOLEN BIKE

martini83

PLEASE HELP ME FIND MY BIKE!!!!???

This afternoon between 16.15 and 16.25pm my SPECIALIZED SIRRUS X 3.0 bike in pink was stolen in Lordship Lane, East Dulwich between Bell's & Spinach Stores!!!!

Please please help me find my bike!

If you see it advertised on gumtree, e-bay, amazon, shock or anywhere else, please inform me or police about it!!!!

I have reported it straight away!!!!

It was pink and had black speciaslized mud guards fitted and a black water holder as seen in photos.

PLEASE SHARE THIS POST SO IT REACHES AS MANY PEOPLE AS POSSIBLE!!!

Thank you

Marta x

Hi Marta,

Sorry to hear this.

I too had my bike stolen from a similar spot right outside the East Dulwich Picturehouse a two weekends ago. I think there?s a sophisticated group going around with bolt cutters and a van, taking as many as they can.

I also informed the police who gave me a crime number and then closed the case.... so they?re obviously taking these multiple thefts in the area seriously...

I wonder if it?s worth bringing it up with the council to raise with the police.

Thanks

Rich

Hi Rich,

Thank you for your message.

Highly appreciate it.

I'm sorry you had your bike stolen too.

I only found out about that gang after my bike was stolen. I started asking people who were ditted next to where I locked our bikes. Nobody saw anything.

Even shop owners couldn't help as they claim they can't access their CCTV footage!

Sooo frustrating.

I'm upset because it was literally stolen from under my nose. Within under 10 minutes I left it there. They must have been obeserving us.

I reported this theft straight away but I don't think police is going to do anything.

It's the second bike I had stolen since October last year. This is why it hurts so much.

But thank you for reaching out.

Best wishes

Marta

So sorry to hear about this. My bike was stolen a while back at the East Dulwich train station. May I ask what type of lock you had? I'm told thieves are able to get through U-locks in under a minute with a cordless angle grinder. Anything less strong they can slice in seconds.

I don't understand it either First Mate.

I was desperate for any kind of help/footage but this is what their response was.

I was told by the police that inly they can request to view their CCTV footage.

So not much one can do really.

And where's justice in that??? :(

So given there has been more than one bicycle theft in the same place are the police going to request CCTV, if they are the only people that can? Perhaps police need to realise that in the current climate the value of a bike as a sole form of transport is likely to be much greater than was the case.

Most bicycles stolen in broad daylight on high streets, don't have strong enough locks on them. Only gold standard D locks will deter those kinds of thieves. It takes time and a lot of noise to angle grind through that kind of lock. Most thieves will find a much easy options to steal. Chains, cables, combination locks, are cut through in seconds, and are not worth the money. Poor standard D-locks are smashed/ picked in seconds. Spend ?70 - ?100 on a lock however, and you are unlikely to have your bicycle stolen ever. The Police (like with most non violence forms of crime) don't have time to chase stolen bikes sadly. So the more you can do for yourself, the better.

With regard to cctv you are not allowed to film the pavement - for example Lloyd?s bank are not allowed to film the comings and goings outside the bank - data protection or something. It?s very frustrating that people committing these blatant crimes know there is no footage - ( tfl operate the camera lens for traffic which have no problem in recording minor traffic infringements)

It really is infuriating that so many people are having their bikes stolen.

tiddles Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> With regard to cctv you are not allowed to film

> the pavement - for example Lloyd?s bank are not

> allowed to film the comings and goings outside the

> bank - data protection or something. It?s very

> frustrating that people committing these blatant

> crimes know there is no footage - ( tfl operate

> the camera lens for traffic which have no problem

> in recording minor traffic infringements)

>

> It really is infuriating that so many people are

> having their bikes stolen.

This isn't wholly accurate. The issue with CCTV is that you have to request permission from the camera operator - usually either the shop owner or more likely head office if it's a chain ***if you personally do not appear in the clip*** that you would like to view i.e. the time when bike is stolen for example. This is because of data protection, but in the event of a crime you can ask them to view it on your behalf. So martini83 i would suggest you pursue this avenue. You normally have to do this is writing. Also, as all CCTV footage is deleted after 30 days, you need to act quickly. * FYI the reason i know this is because last year someone moved my moped from a parking bay onto the pavement outside a cinema in central london and i got a ticket. I spoke to the cinema and they got me the footage proving i didn't just park there and I used that footage to get the ticket cancelled. Is it a hassle? yes, will it get you your bike back? Maybe not, particularly if the police don't follow it up, but worth a look.