Home invasion on 1 September.

Blue2000

We had a home invasion in the late afternoon of 1 September (between 4pm and 5pm) on Goodrich Road, near Hillcourt Road. Our mystery shoppers gained entry through the front door of the property by slipping the Yale lock latch.

They helped themselves to a number of valuable items (laptops and cameras) but also some sentimental pictures of my late father-in-law who passed just over two years ago.

I know its a long shot, but if anyone has seen some old black-and-white pictures of a good looking young man in cricket gear or school uniform laying around, please send me a PM.

Oh, that's infuriating, I'm so sorry this happened to you, Blue2000.

This reminds me of when I was little. My dad had passed away a few years prior to our home being broken in to. They stole valuables, but it's the sentimental things, like my mum's wedding & engagement rings, that she cared about the most. That's something we'll never quite get over...

Have you posted this on any of the local & surrounding Facebook groups, & Nexdoor?

As a local feline behaviourist & cat sitter, a lot of my clients have some form of home security, & Ring {https://en-uk.ring.com/} appears to be very popular. I'm grateful for this. They're very reasonably priced & a worthy investment.

If {God forbid} this should happen again or there is any suspicious behaviour outside your home or a neighbours, it would be good to have footage & with a little luck, if they're the original intruders, you might be able to get your valuables back.

Heather {The Wingless Bird}