Sainsbury?s advice

Hi all, was just wondering if I were to get up at 7am tmw morning to get into Sainsbury?s, is the one at Denmark hill or forest hill likely to be stocked? I have no car and am just buying for one but finding the shops empty last 4 days. Just after the basics like milk, veg etc. Thanks for any advice

Far better to go to the local shops, independents especially. You'll be far more likely to find what you need and you'll be supporting them hugely at this time. I was at the Organic Turkish shop on LL yesterday and, overhearing people's conversations, they'd never been in there before in their life!

I have been going to co-op LL every other day 8ish and have been able to get milk and bread.Dont bother with Sainsburys, my daughter has just got home from working through the night there, and the queue is back to the nursery again!

Hey, thanks for the advice. I went to Denmark Hill Sainsburys and started queuing at 6.20am.Although I was one of the first to go in there wasn't much food on the shelves. No long life items such as pasta and couscous. Its strange BoJo says that there is enough food for everyone when the supermarkets are empty first thing in the morning. I will try the smaller stores tomorrow.

I was in India in 2002 Bangalore (now Bangalaru) to see the India/England test. A lot of local people told me it would be sold out. I arrived on an overnight train from Hampi (now Hampe) early morning and decided to go straight to the stadium in search of tickets. A sleepy security guard told me not to be stupid and to wait until the ticket office opened late morning. Imagine my embarrassment. That was the Last time I took any notice of panic buying.