Forum Foodbank.

Hi all, as we all know, shopping for food and other essentials is increasingly becoming a challenge. Those who are most able, better resourced, are managing, but there are some who are really struggling to get hold of basic food. It's not just about lack of supply,for some people is is also lack of ability to afford higher cost brands. With foodbanks closing their doors, I fear this is going to get worse.

Hopefully the supermarkets will get their supplies back to normal levels and the panic buying will stop but until then, I thought it might be useful to create a place where those GENUINELY struggling can ask for help. In turn, those of us who are able to shop for someone, cook something to share, or donate and share food and essentials, can try to help where we can.

Obviously, everyone needs to observe the already given advice around not transmitting the virus, but let's see if this can work as another way to ease the struggle that some are going to go through.

Thank you blah blah for thinking up this great idea . I came to help my 6 month pregnant daughter and her four young boys and have now had to go into lock down with them (in one room in a hostel where they are living ) I am on heart meds and she is on benefits and we have no vehicle , she is having to go out daily to try to source nappies as she has two of her children in them and basics such as potatoes , bread and milk and now the school are shut we are getting through a lot more things then we would if they were at school as you can imagine with four young kids.

Yes the nappies supply is a bit like the toilet paper supply. Other things like formula milk too. So that is an area of real concern.

On things like veg, bread and milk, the market stalls in rye lane are still well stocked with plenty of cheap veg and fruit. Asda in Rye Lane also had a restock of bread and milk this morning too, and had new potatoes at 65p a bag. They seem to restock those things. I can get quite a bit in my cycle panniers. If you private message me, then maybe I can help by going tm early morning and getting a bit of a good shop for you all. Even if you only have ?20 to spend, I can get quite a lot for that in Rye Lane and I can spare a bag of pasta from my own cupboard too as a donation. Message me.