Silver hour M and S

Thanks for heads up, there will be two early mornings for older and vulnerable customers and two different early mornings a week for NHS and emergency workers. Full statement from M&S website,

?Supporting our customers and communities during this difficult time is our number one priority. We want to make sure everyone has access to the items they need, so we are setting aside the first hour of trading on certain days for our older and vulnerable customers, and for our brilliant NHS and emergency workers.

For older and vulnerable customers, this will start on Friday 20th March, and going forward after that, on Mondays and Thursdays. For NHS and emergency workers, this will be Tuesdays and Fridays. Please visit www.marksandspencer.com/stores to find out the opening times of your store. Please note, this does not include franchise stores in petrol and railway stations.

We ask our other customers to respect this request, as it?s the kindness and support we show each other that will get us through this.?

If a young family member came for this opening shopping on behalf of their aged parents is there any method for them to do this without having a parent present with them.

I appreciate that this could be abused.

May be a pass from Sainsbury's after joining on line with valid passport or driving licence.

I have tried the silver opening in Sainsbury's (I'm 66 and are for my 92 and 93 year old parents), there is nothing on the shelves even though we're allowed to shop earlier. The only difference is that we can look at empty shelves without the crowds!