Supporting staff at Kings

Hi folks,

Hope everyone is weathering this surreal and scary time as well as they can. We?ve had a suggestion come up in the Goose Green Mutual Aid group to raise some money to buy fresh food for our hardworking NHS neighbours at Kings (modelled on this: https://www.gofundme.com/f/nhs-foodbox-fundraiser-for-st-thomas-icu?utm_medium=copy_link&utm_source=customer&utm_campaign=p_lico+share-sheet)

Does anyone have a contact at Kings (or indeed works at Kings) that we can speak to about this and try and get it off the ground?

Thanks so much all, your help is really appreciated.

Edit: oops admin - I know that King?s isn?t in ED but we want to try and be good neighbours at this time. Hope this is ok and that you?ll allow this thread.

Hi,

We are working with Kings to try and get something off the ground.

Kings administration have confirmed they need help providing food, drinks, toiletries etc for their staff wellbeing centres at Denmark Hill and Princess Royal King?s sites. We have a call today to get a full brief and will then kick this off via gofundme and in conjunction with local restaurants/suppliers. Will share more details as soon as we have them...

Indeed. We are focusing on their needs, as defined by the Kings staff who are running Wellness Centres for frontline staff. Immediately our focus is to get fresh fruit into the Wellness Centres for staff, but there are other items they want/need. We hope to be delivering fruit to them by Wednesday morning at the latest.. then we will move our efforts forward.

It's really appreciated. The "buy them a coffee" donations gives staff a space to go to on a break, tea coffee and fresh juices. You can ask for basic toiletries if you have run out, essentials if your stuck at work (deodorant, tooth brush that kind of thing). I was craving green veg and was given a bag full to take home. The supermarkets that open early for NHS are still not that practical if your on a 12.5 hour shift start 0730hrs. On a day off you really do want to have a lie in and go no where.

So it's much more than just a coffee and does really help. And the clapping was amazing.

nxjen Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Can I suggest that the title in the first post is

> changed as it doesn?t really explain what the

> thread is now about. A Go Fund Me appeal has been

> set up in conjunction with Kings to show support

> by supplying items such as fruit, coffee and

> toiletries to staff.

> https://www.gofundme.com/f/buy-them-a-coffee-kch

Hi, have changed it now - the fundraiser was set up independently of the Goose Green MA of which I?m an admin for and my initial post was about us wanting to set something up. As that?s already been done by someone else, I?m happy to change the title given that someone has managed to do this.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...