Food bank or donation drop in ED or Dulwich?

dino99

dino99 Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Is there one on LL or nearby? Happy to drop some

> essentials off, but Peckham isn't as close as I'd

> like it to be...

I think they are collecting items at the funeral directors office,(sorry cant remember the name) opposite ED train station.

Does anyone know any more about this place opposite ED station? Or does anyone know anywhere else we can donate tinned food in East Dulwich? We've just been sent a parcel of tinned/long-life stuff from the government as one of our family members is on the extremely vulnerable list, but we feel guilty keeping it as we've already managed to get a supermarket delivery and have another lined up next week. However I do want to limit unnecessary journeys so would be grateful for confirmation that this food bank is open before I set out.

Re. the community fridge at the Albrighton Centre, does anyone know if they accept tinned donations?

Grateful for any info - thanks.

vic.ham Wrote:

> dino99 Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > Is there one on LL or nearby? Happy to drop

> some

> > essentials off, but Peckham isn't as close as

> I'd

> > like it to be...

>

>

> I think they are collecting items at the funeral

> directors office,(sorry cant remember the name)

> opposite ED train station.

If anyone would like to make any donations to Albrighton Community Fridge we are open to receive donations from 10am through to 4pm Monday to Friday (soon to be weekends also). The Community Fridge, based at Albrighton Community Centre off Dog Kennel Hill has been providing food long and short life (pasta, rice, tinned goods, fresh fruit and vegetables, chilled and frozen produce, meat and poultry) to those in need for a number of years now, relying on the generosity of local food retailers and wholesalers, and donations from individuals. The current COVID crisis has seen a huge surge in demand for food, and also necessitated an expansion of our current provision to include delivery to those self isolating and shielding. We are also working with Southwark Council's COVID Hub delivering to households identified through the Hub as in urgent need of food provision, delivering not just in the immediate area but as far south as Sydenham, into Nunhead, Peckham and Walworth. The infrastructure to sustain these people will over time increase and improve but as often is the case, voluntary organisations such as ours, which operate with a greater degree of flexibility, are able to plug the gaps until the statutory bodies can respond. We have many volunteers at the moment working very hard to maintain basic food provision to a large number of vulnerable people. We desperately need donations of food, nappies and baby products, sanitary products and toiletries. Please if you are able to help with any donations we would be extremely grateful. The reach of East Dulwich Forum is great, but please, if you can, share this with others who may be able to help

vic.ham Wrote:

> Re:foodbank donations at william dunphy opposite

> train staion.

> I will call them on Monday to find out when you

> can take donations there, as I believe the office

> is closed to customers.

> I can let you know.

I called William Dunphy ED this morning.You can still drop off donations, you drop the bag at the door, Knock, and someone inside will come and take it in.

Wanted to take a moment to that all those who have come to Albrighton to drop off donations. They have been much appreciated and put to immediate and good use, enabling us to provide for for those in need visiting the centre, and to make deliveries of supplies to those self isolating and shielding

We appreciate its not always practical for people to drop off donations so we have created a just giving page

www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/albrightoncommunitycentre

Monies donated will be used to help provide food, toiletries and cleaning projects, and sanitary items for those in need.

Thank you

Steve

Albrighton Centre

• 5 weeks later...
A big thank you to everyone who have been dropping off donations at Albrighton Centre, and thank you to all those who have donated through our JustGiving page. We have also been contacted by a number of people who are shielding, aware of us through the forum, who have kindly donated unwanted items from their government food boxes. These are very much appreciated and we are always happy to collect, to help avoid food being wasted.

Albrighton Wrote:

> A big thank you to everyone who have been dropping

> off donations at Albrighton Centre, and thank you

> to all those who have donated through our

> JustGiving page. We have also been contacted by a

> number of people who are shielding, aware of us

> through the forum, who have kindly donated

> unwanted items from their government food boxes.

> These are very much appreciated and we are always

> happy to collect, to help avoid food being wasted.

do you need to be referred to you to get help or can you just walk in, also do you just help the residents in the dog kennel hill estate, or can anyone get help?

Anyone is welcome to come along to the community fridge. There are no checks on your financial status, or whether you're in receipt of benefits, no referral needed, and no appointment either. There are no geographical boundaries, so no issues if you are from Camberwell, Peckham, Dulwich, or anywhere else We would ask though that if you are supposed to be shielding or self isolating, to protect your own health, or the health of others, you continue to do that and call and speak to us before attending.

• 4 weeks later...
A huge thank you to everyone who has been kind enough to donate to us over the last few days. We have had an incredible response to our appeal. We are however very short of nappies (particularly sizes 3 and 7), wipes, baby care products, and baby food. If anyone is able to donate any of these to Albrighton we would be very grateful, if you can't make it to the centre but would still like to help out our Just Giving page is https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/albrightoncommunitycentre?utm_term=wJNBQw4w3

dino99 Wrote:

> Many more donations are also still needed for

> Pecan! Drop off at Oru Space (on LL near Goose

> Green) ideally Mondays 1-3, but still gratefully

> received at any time. Thanks!

Hi - just to confirm that Oru isn?t able to accept donations outside of the specified times on a Monday so outside of this, we?ve asked people to donate to the Albrighton Community Fridge as they are in real need right now :)

Again wanted to thank everyone for their incredible generosity, both local residents and businesses have been so generous over the last week. Thank you to everyone who made it up Dog Kennel Hill to the centre to drop off donations, and to all the people we called round to collect from. Thank you also to local traders, particularly along Lordship Lane who have been kind enough to support our work. Its a difficult time for so many people, so all the more heartening that people can still think of others in such trying times. If anyone is planning to donate good over the next week of so, anything is good, but as ever nappies (especially larger sizes - 6, 6+ and 7) are always much needed, and sanitary products, in addition to any foods you might wish to give. We have had a tremendous response over the last week or so from people who have preferred to make a monetary donation through our JustGiving page [www.justgiving.com] which has been incredible - can't thank you enough. We are yet to finalise any formal funding arrangements with Southwark Council, so the donations we receive mean the world to us and the 2500 people we are feeding each week.

• 2 weeks later...