Milk and/or bread deliveries

EPB

As a couple of octogenarians with ?underlying health conditions? we have been totally locked down for quite a few weeks now, but have managed quite well thanks to our son?s emergency deliveries. However, now he?s housebound too, we?re really having problems with our milk supply.

Does anyone know of a firm that would make regular deliveries of milk?

EPB Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> As a couple of octogenarians with ?underlying

> health conditions? we have been totally locked

> down for quite a few weeks now, but have managed

> quite well thanks to our son?s emergency

> deliveries. However, now he?s housebound too,

> we?re really having problems with our milk

> supply.

>

> Does anyone know of a firm that would make regular

> deliveries of milk?

Where are you in ED? There are a number of roads doing neighbour checks and I'm sure we can find one and put you in touch. Mine uses WhatsApp which is free and can be installed on a phone or computer as long as you have a mobile number.

If you're in the Underhill/Overhill/Belvoir triangle then I'm sure we can help.

Failing that, Sainsbury's has set up a special line to help people in your situation - 0800 052 5500

Hi ED-NAGAIUTB I'm on Overhill, could you PM me the WhasApp number please. I'm ok at the moment but in a medium at risk group so not able to go to shops and have given up on trying for deliveries and may need some help further down the line.

caz Wrote:

> Hi ED-NAGAIUTB I'm on Overhill, could you PM me

> the WhasApp number please. I'm ok at the moment

> but in a medium at risk group so not able to go to

> shops and have given up on trying for deliveries

> and may need some help further down the line.

Hi Caz,

If you want to PM your number I'll add you in.

Just to give clarification on the Sainsbury's number. I have now phoned this number over 2,000 since Monday morning, and have not been able to speak to a human. It's either constantly engaged or you spend two minutes listening to a recorded message before getting cut off. There is a link on the Sainsburys website to check if you fall in the EXTREMELY vulnerable group, but when you go through the screening process, only a small number of very specific significant conditions are covered. Being elderly, disabled, having dementia, or other significant conditions doesn't qualify you as extremely vulnerable, and you can't book deliveries online through Sainsburys. Someone helpfully posted an alternative phone number for Sainsbury's this morning, and I was able to speak to someone. However, I was told that they will only accept people from the government's extremely vulnerable list for home delivery slots since Wednesday night. I questioned how every slot that had become available since Wednesday night could have been taken by someone in the extremely vulnerable group, which must consist of a fairly small number of people for each delivery area, but the person I spoke to just kept repeating that they could only deliver to the people on the extremely vulnerable list.

Thanks Growlybear

I do hate it when CEO's make such statements before checking how or if they can actually follow through!

I'm disabled and unable to go to the shops, no delivery slots for me either!

I did manage to book one ages ago for Asda but after that will be forced to ask others (whats app group, teenage kids) for help.

Its incredibly frustrating and makes a normally independent person feel quite vulnerable.

That is number that I've called over 2000 times since Monday morning. Sainsbury's were very clear when I spoke to someone earlier that they are not adding elderly, disabled, or vulnerable people to their priority delivery slot list. They will now ONLY add people to the list who fulfil the government's criteria for being EXTREMELY vulnerable.

DulwichBorn&Bred Wrote:

> This is the other number for Sainsbury?s:

> Reminder: If you are elderly {over 70}, disabled

> or vulnerable & think you should be on Sainsbury's

> vulnerable customers list, please get in touch on

> 08003281700. Pass this information on to a

> vulnerable neighbour & make sure they're

> subscribed to the support they're entitled to.

DulwichBorn&Bred Wrote:

> That is terrible that both numbers are useless :(

I had a long chat with somebody on one of the numbers this morning. I only had to wait twenty minutes, which I didn't think was bad under the circumstances.

I had already registered under the government scheme (via the link from Sainsbury's website).

I was told to phone again on Monday, when I think they are making more delivery slots available for customers at high risk.

At least Sainsbury's seem to be attempting, to possibly offer some help, regarding delivery to high risk customers.

Tesco do not appear to have any such plan at all for high risk, or vulnerable customers.

Are there any other supermarkets that will prioritise high risk customers with delivery slots ?

A HUGE THANK-YOU

To all the lovely ED people who have, both on here and via PMs, offered to help us.

Thanks to you, the lockdown is no longer a frightening prospect, and I can even look forward to the (very occasional!) prospect of a fish pie.

🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰