Sainsbury?s stock

Hi,

Has anyone been to Sainsbury?s this morning? Looking for things like tinned beans & tomatoes which I haven?t seen there for a while. Trying to keep trips to a minimum so don?t want to go if they are still low on non perishable goods!

Thanks & keep safe.

chryssie Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Hi,

>

> Has anyone been to Sainsbury?s this morning?

> Looking for things like tinned beans & tomatoes

> which I haven?t seen there for a while. Trying to

> keep trips to a minimum so don?t want to go if

> they are still low on non perishable goods!

> Thanks & keep safe.

The Cheese Block has tinned toms... not cheap though

Went to sainsbos today - very calm and organised. People being very careful to keep their distance. Shelves well stocked - except for the odd bits - chick peas and flour in particular. Some veggies missing but plenty of other stock.

I?ve just got back and it wasn?t too bad! Still no eggs, strange! But I got most of what I wanted. Some fresh veg reduced cauliflowers 30p & loose peppers 13p, carrots & parsnips too, great for making soup! Plenty of loo roll. Thanks for the replies to my earlier post. Keep safe & well.

I am sure that this virus has the ability to modify. This is due to the lability of the viral genome which lends itself to external mutations and changes. Educational resources help to save time on the search for literature and scientific articles. The main task is to find a vaccine that will act on stationary sections of the DNA

I was there at 1500 today, as advised by the pharmacist inside as I needed to pick up something from there too. I was told that was the best time to be inside the shop. I was queuing for 15-20 minutes. Everyone on the queue was keeping their distance. The man behind me was coughing though. Entered the store, all very well stocked - the only thing I couldn?t find was flour, eggs and spices. Plenty of fruit and veg, meat as well. The toilet roll aisle was back to normal too. HOWEVER, the situation inside wasn?t very well managed - too many people in the veg and meat aisles so the two metre distancing was not happening at all, it felt rather claustrophobic. The same with the queues at the tills, just a bit too close. I think sainsburys were letting just a few too many people.

I went to the Sainsbury local by the Plough on Saturday. Staff doing a good job managing queue and one-in one-out thouhg, given the narrow aisles had to be careful inside. Most people fine with distancing but a couple of idiots, guys in their twenties, didn't seem to care. Selection reasonable given it is a "Local" but they have stopped selling flour.

Does anyone know what the Lordship Lane M&S and CoOp are like?

I went up to Sainsbury's at Dogkennel Hill yesterday, Tuesday 31 March, about 15:00. The shelves were well stocked and the atmosphere inside was calm and peaceful, more so than usual even. It felt a bit odd queueing right round the car park to beyond the nursery, but I got in after about 30 minutes. When I came out at 15:50 the queue was half as long. Most customers were carefully keeping their distance, but occasionally you'd turn a corner and someone would walk right past ? not deliberately perhaps, just forgetfully. I got almost everything I wanted. A few gaps on the shelves including: kitchen towel, pasta, flour, yeast and hot chocolate. No fresh ginger ? that's about the most First World problem you could think of.

I also braved Sainsburys 6pm yesterday (31st), first time out the house in 8 days. Queue ok but too busy inside, very hard to keep 2 meters (and some people not even trying or seeming to care).

No flour, no tinned tomatoes or pulses, about 10 tins of organic baked beans, no pasta. However, managed to get everything else and even loo roll so they have been restocking a lot. Sadly there was actually too much meat and many of it best before 1st April so now feel will go from empty shelves to waste unfortunately!

In general I was actually quite shocked at how many people seemed to be out and about on my short drive to the shop. It could well be they were all on their rationed shop/exercise/commute but naively perhaps I thought I'd hardly see a soul.

seenbeen Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> malumbu Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > Any quail eggs?

> Yes there was a solitary half dozen...

I've also got to try all those Ottelenghi recipes in a couple of year's worth of Guardian food mags. Plenty of time on my hands but not heard of half of the ingredients.

Just been - took just over an hour to get in - well spaced queue outside for a change.

Tons of toilet paper, pasta - limited to 2 items only, irrespective of brand - was on the shelves, but not much & 90% gone. Basmati available, but overpriced & poor quality only.

Plenty of tissues.

No soap, no unflavoured tofu, instant ramen, fruit & veg more than 1/2 full.

You can only exit by the exit near the starbucks now -security happy to stare at their whatsapp chat at the tills till you reach the entrance.

Staff seemed pushed to their limit, no sign of management, Argos packed with zero spacing.

Still seems to be too many people in the store at one time, but things seem to be improving, but for how long nobody knows.

I had to collect an item from Argos at Sainsbury's in Sydenham at lunchtime. The queue outside was short, and it took about five minutes to get in. The wait at Argos was very short and very well managed, with 2m distances being enforced. The supermarket was well stocked, and I got everything I needed. There was a good supply of toilet rolls, a limited range of pasta, and rice, and also eggs. The number of people in the shop didn't seem too high, and people were generally keeping their distance. Checkout queues were also short, with no wait at all for the self check outs.