Remember to wipe car door handles

Our car was broken into last night - probably about 9pm. No sign of a break-in in terms of forced entry so guessing I accidentally unlocked car earlier when decorating out front and deciding to seek refuge in car on driveway as a family had decided to stop outside and play with their child - we are in isolation.

Clearly someone chancing their luck trying door handles along the road plus driveways. So important you wipe clean car door handles at this time as you have no idea who has been their first.

Will call police later in case they want to check for fingerprints. Culprit probably left DNA in car as there was a part eaten chocolate biscuit on the seat. They clearly know about breaking into cars as had accessed a secret compartment that I didn?t know existed after 15 years of owning the car.

Only item so far that appears to have been stolen was prescription sunglasses so of little value if try?s to sell on, but for me costly to replace. They probably got a shock when opening two main compartments to discover so much stuff crammed into them. Must have taken a few minutes for them to empty contents and they had to turn on interior lights as well to see.

Afew cars in our close were broken into last night and night before, all without forced entry. So chances are you didn?t forget to lock car. More likely that it was a Keyless car theft (aka Relay Theft) where the thief using a device to activate your fob to unlock your car. Here?s what I found online

https://www.locksmiths.co.uk/faq/keyless-car-theft/

Be extra vigilant and get cctv